Please note the selected candidates will need to sign a confidentiality agreement provided by Sidley and a background check initiated by the submitting agency prior to confirmation of start date. Please note the below background check criteria.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT SCREENING REQUIREMENTS FOR TEMPORARY EMPLOYEES
The Provider, or Provider’s selected third-party vendor, shall conduct a background check on each Candidate presented to Sidley by Provider. The manner and scope of the background check is a matter within the sole discretion of the Provider (as permitted by law), provided that any such background check includes at a minimum:
• USCIS I9 employment eligibility
• Verification of Social Security Number
• Ten-year criminal background search to include federal, state and county records (as permitted by law)
• National Sex Offender registry
• Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) check
• A Global Sanction search of the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) Specially Designated Nationals List- https://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/SDN-List/Pages/default.aspx
• Judgment Records
Each Candidate presented to Sidley by Provider will not have the following on his/her record as permitted by law:
• Ineligibility for U.S. employment
• Falsification of Social Security Number
• Felony Convictions that are reasonably considered to be job related or would reasonably present safety or security risks such as, but not limited to, crimes against persons, crimes involving violence, crimes involving the misuse of a computer/network, theft, burglary, embezzlement, or dishonesty.
• Misdemeanors that are reasonably considered to be job related or would reasonably present safety or security risks such as, but not limited to, crimes against persons, crimes involving violence, crimes involving the misuse of a computer/network, theft, burglary, embezzlement, fraud or dishonesty.
• A recent pattern of DUI convictions (within four years and more than one)
• Outstanding Judgments without a payment plan in accordance with the law.
• Any other falsifications found on resume or application by Provider.
Sidley will consider candidates recommended by Provider that do not meet these criteria on a case by case basis.