This career defining, long-term/open ended contract/freelance role as Associate Content Production Manager is onsite in NYC (midtown), 40 hours a week, healthcare benefits provided, 401K, 5 paid sick days, more.
What You Will Do:
• As Associate. Content Production Manager, you will be responsible for the staging, distribution and tracking of all content assets from producers though review and to publication on myriad platforms.
• You will also assist in managing processes for content publishing and updates across properties. You will help contribute new ideas and champion best practices for workflow, asset management and other processes across the department.
• Work with internal stakeholders (including Editorial, UX/Art Directors, Audience Acquisition and Social Media teams)
• Publish content on behalf of editors, for example Articles, Graphics, Audio and Video Pages, Op-Eds, Blogs
• Manage asset sourcing with Art Directors, manage production checklist, perform comprehensive quality assurance to ensure that all editorial and graphical assets have been uploaded properly to the page, are free of technical issues, match the document provided by the editorial team, and include all required content for SEO and social media.
• Distribute published content across applicable channels and platforms
• Project-manage initiatives for Content Strategy team such as theme page production, infographics production, newsletter weekly production, audio and video production as needed
What You Need:
• BA/BS 4 Year College Degree
• 3 years’ content and/or digital production experience (digital journalism experience a plus)
• Strong organizational and time-management skills, ability to handle several projects at once
• Experience as project manager
• Ability to write, copy-edit and proofread in rapid response environment
• Knowledge of AP style, experienced with CMS environments and editorial and digital asset management; experience with Adobe Experience manager
• Excellent collaborative skills and work effectively with team members across departments and at all levels in the organization