Start = ASAP
Duration = at least 6 months with possible extension
Onsite in NYC office
Financial Services / highly professional environment
Job title = Media Planning and Strategy Manager
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Our Financial Services client is seeking a consultant to oversee strategy, implementation, reporting and optimization for multi-touch, multi-channel paid media campaigns.
The ideal candidate is someone with agency experience and exceptional project management/ organizational skills. (S)he will be highly responsive and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Understanding of both the financial services category and advertising and media buying landscape is required.
This individual will work closely with team members to develop media plans across multiple channels including tv, audio, print, display, native, social and paid search in support of business outcomes.
This candidate should be comfortable with data-- proactively establishing and actively monitoring measurement plans and sharing data-driven insights to inspire campaign optimization.
In addition, this candidate will need to establish best practice processes and systems to produce efficiencies.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Work with internal business partners to understand brand awareness and attribution marketing goals along with acquisition and retention strategies.
• Strategize, execute, and manage a variety of campaigns from conception to creative to execution to analysis for optimization.
• Drive integrated media programs across channels to deliver connected consumer and BtoB experiences. Identify target audiences and understand their behavior, demo, activity to orchestrate the right next media placement/creative/experience.
• Serve as the Americas point person for relationships with key media partners.
• Write media input briefs for external partners
• Assist in the development of a learning agenda. Help formulate hypothesis, recommend test plans and implement test to enhance performance.
• Conduct competitive intelligence review/benchmarking and develop strategies to adapt to changing environments.
• Report and analyze campaign performance, on a daily, weekly and monthly basis; develop insights and present learnings. Work closely with our digital marketing team to ensure data is being captured correctly.
• Provide performance analyses and make spend shift/optimization recommendations across all channels
• Develop forecasts and ad-hoc projections for spending, revenue and ROI
• Monitor and manage campaigns to meet and exceed targets for conversions and ROI within predetermined budgets
• Collaborate and manage various external partner media agencies to plan and execute media campaigns
• RFP and negotiate directly with media partners for specific content programs
• Comfort with research and testing. Including testing ads pre-campaign to gather feedback from target market as required.
• Serves as a trusted partner and subject matter expert within the brand marketing team.
• Understanding Adobe Audience Manager, Adobe Launch, Google Ad Words, Facebook Ad Manager, etc
• Self-starter, comfortable with navigating ambiguity, and passionate about driving change
• Exceptional planning and project management skills
• Exceptional writing and communication skills
• Ability to prioritize and operate with a sense of urgency
• System/process oriented, problem solver, ability to manage multiple initiatives and balance the need to work strategically and hands-on
• Comfortable with data and measurement including insights and storytelling.
• Strong attention to detail
• Flexibility to adapt to shifting priorities and still effectively manage to deadlines.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 5-7 years of relevant agency experience preferred (Media Director level)
• Demonstrated familiarity with campaign management tools
• Strong knowledge of Excel, Powerpoint, and Word a must.
• Proven ability to analyze data and report on results
• Experience with multi-channel digital media strategy, A/B and multivariate test design, optimization and ROI.
• Experience in running performance/digital marketing channels (SEM/Display/Paid Social/Mobile) and brand awareness/top of the funnel media planning.
• A curiosity about the financial industry is essential. Financial services industry experience is preferred but not necessary, as is experience in any regulated vertical (financial, pharmaceutical, etc).
• Must possess a four-year college degree with a preferred major in Business/Finance/Marketing, or liberal arts.