The Senior Designer/Manager is an innovative thinker with the ability to manage a high volume of individual projects simultaneously.
S/he is tech-savvy and efficient with great attention to detail and the ability to solve problems quickly and creatively.
A steward and owner of the look and feel for each of GEMG’s four brands, you will work closely with all GEMG business units and external clients to develop stellar, transformative creative that deeply resonates with the GEMG sponsor community and audience.
The ideal candidate is a motivated, personable, and flexible designer who enjoys tackling challenges through brainstorming and collaboration.
TOP 3 THINGS YOU WANT TO SEE ON A RESUME:
Must have Senior-Level Graphic Design, Marketing, Branding and Art Direction background
A true hybrid of experience including Web/Print/Digital/Marketing Proposals/PowerPoint
Ability to handle all four of their brands, acting as the Brand Stewardship, marketing all of their big events via print, web, digital, and graphic design
EXAMPLE OF A DELIVERABLE THEY'D BE WORKING ON: Web/Digital & Print deliverables for events (PowerPoint presentations, print collateral, program guides, signage, video, HTML for events website updates, web pages, etc…)
Attributes of the Ideal Candidate:
• 4-6 years experience designing across web, print and events
o Experience in designing PowerPoint presentations a plus
o Experience specific to media or publishing is a plus
o Experience managing a design staff a big plus
• An understanding of layout, typography and visual hierarchy, coupled with user-centered design and best practices
• Can adjust personal style to GEMG and/or client brand guidelines
• Advanced proficiency with Adobe design tools InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
• Working knowledge of HTML/CSS and email coding
• Basic knowledge of video and sound editing is a plus
• Excellent communication skills. Able to brainstorm with a group, articulate ideas, and tease out feedback from colleagues and clients
• Exceptionally organized. Can balance multiple projects in varying stages
• Able to demonstrate “grace under pressure”—coupled with a personality inclined toward positivity and a sense of possibility
• A passion for the past, present and future of design on the web and in print and a willingness to learn new things every day
• Takes care in the strategy and the concepts behind their work
• Demonstrates a commitment to educating their colleagues about design and the role it can play in our success as an organization.
Amazing company to have on their portfolio
Values : the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
Force of Intellect - Atlantic Media seeks a discipline and rigor of thought as manifested, often, in exceptional academic performance and, later, success in a professional environment.
Spirit of Generosity - Equally, we seek what we term a spirit of generosity – a natural disposition towards service and selfless conduct.