Are you a natural at taking big ideas and distilling them into relatable human terms? Are you a passionate storyteller with a knack for knowing what to say? Do you obsess over creating awesome, intuitive copy for a variety of communication channels? AQUENT is seeking a Communications Specialist in McLean, VA / Tysons Corner - who has a background in copy writing, copy editing and can work across channels!
This is an INCREDIBLE opportunity for a Communications Specialist with an eclectic skill-set. This role will allow you the opportunity to work with a brand that writes in a unique, conversational, human tone. This is really a dream job to join a team of 15 creatives who love what they do!
MUST HAVE WRITING SAMPLES: Newsletter writing, blurbs & social media, emails for leadership, etc.
Successful candidates in this Communications Specialist opportunity will always bring enthusiasm to their work – whether writing for a social media post, an email for an Executive, a script for a commercial or a monthly newsletter. They straddle the line between the dreamers and the doers. They think big, collaborate and have a creative eye while also communicating thoughtfully and concisely with a fine eye for detail. They’re autonomous and reliable managing multiple projects and driving strong results for our internal customers and teammates.
The ideal Communications Specialist will:
- Have excellent writing and editing skills with the ability to produce original, brand-elevating content
- Be comfortable writing for a wide variety of communication channels: Slack, social media, internal websites, newsletters, emails, scripts for commercials, signage, the list goes on!
- Have deep focus, exceptional judgment and the ability to pay painstaking attention to detail and deliver against multiple deadlines
- Be highly motivated, proactive, flexible and results-oriented – willing to roll up your sleeves and get the job done
- Be well-managed and highly organized
- Be comfortable navigating through a large organization with teammates at all levels
- Exhibit prioritization capabilities
- Have basic knowledge of journalism writing and communicating to large audiences
- Bachelors’ Degree
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint) and Google Suite
- (docs, slides, sheets, etc).
- At least two years of experience in writing or communications
- Basic knowledge of communications planning
- Experience working across multiple levels from executives to key performers
- Project Management experience
- Experience with editorial calendars, distribution lists, calendar invites.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, English or Journalism