International nonprofit seeks Public Relations Specialist with excellent writing skills and, someone who can write about conservation, science and travel/lifestyle (Science Content Specialist). The Public Relations Specialist will be handling media crews and have strong storytelling skills. The Public Relations Specialist candidates should also be able to translate conservation work for a mass audience, and also be comfortable writing for conservation scientists.
The Public Relations Specialist practices ethical communications and professionalism; writes, edits, and reviews a variety of media materials for public information. The Public Relations Specialist, reporting the Associate Director, Brand & Communications writes, edits, and reviews a variety of materials such as press releases, talking points, key messaging, holding statements, and other forms of communications.
The Public Relations Specialist facilitates media and influencer requests, and reviews and performs research for releases, articles and media pitches, acts as a communications liaison for the organization, hosts media crews, assists designated spokespeople with interview preparation, scheduling, and talking points, and may conduct interviews with scientists.
- Three to five years as a PR representative, communications manager, broadcast/print journalist, or related experience
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communication, public relations, or a related field or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of conservation issues is desirable
- Excellent writing skills, particularly science, conservation or tourism related
- Ability to coordinate a variety of media production details
- Use Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint; Adobe Photoshop