Aquent is looking for a UX Designer with data visualization experience for our Fortune 500 Financial client in Boston. This is a full time, onsite, 6 month assignment with potential to extend long term and full benefits - medical, dental, 401K. This role is part of the User Experience Design chapter, which supports our client's retail, workplace, institutional, and global business units. This design role will be embedded on an agile squad in our retail (.com and mobile) business. Designers in this model work with their squad on a daily basis, and report to a UX Chapter Leader. It’s a fast-paced environment that allows squads more autonomy than in a command-and- control organization.
We’re looking for designers who are motivated to create compassionate, inclusive, usable, and elegant experiences that help people achieve their financial goals and feel confident about their future.
The Purpose of Your Role:
- This role is part of the User Experience Design chapter, which supports our retail, workplace, institutional, and global business units. This design role will be embedded on an agile squad in our retail (e.g. client.com or our mobile app) business. Designers in this model work with their squad on a daily basis, and report to a UX Chapter Leader. It’s a face-paced environment that allows squads more autonomy than in a command-and-control organization.
The Skills You Bring:
- You demonstrate a clear and compelling design sense grounded in empathy and thoughtfulness
- You show an aptitude and enthusiasm for working in teams, and a willingness to help your team complete tasks outside the realm of design, if necessary
- You have a broad set of design skills, which might include visual and graphic design, information architecture, prototyping, front-end coding, strategic design methods (such as design thinking), user research, or writing
- You can get a little nerdy about at least one of the design skills above
- You understand, or are willing to learn, the principles of Lean UX and how to adapt your process, activities and artifacts to best serve the squad
- You are familiar with the value of design systems and how to use them
- You communicate well, whether on the phone, over video, in writing, or in person
- You enjoy learning, and happily teach others
- You have a powerful impulse to improve existing designs, invent new experiences, and perform better than our competition
- Design brings you joy, and it shows
The Value You Deliver:
- Bringing business ideas to life, through sketching, wireframing, prototyping, testing, writing, and coding
- Helping your team deliver valuable experiences to our customers, even if it means tackling non-design tasks on occasion
- Facilitating and inspiring idea generation techniques with your squad
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
- As a member of the User Experience Design team, your work has the potential to improve the lives of over 25 million customers. You will be part of an agile squad developing a backlog of ideas to bring value to customers and releasing frequently to learn whether we’ve hit the mark.
- By focusing on delighting our customers and helping them feel secure about their financial futures, you have a direct impact on the firm’s revenue.
If interested in being considered and would like more information, please apply to this posting and qualified candidates will be contacted immediately regarding next steps.