A client in NYC is looking for an Industrial Designer for a 3-6 week project. Some weeks will be full time hours, others part time.
- Remote, but prefer for this person to be local to NYC to come onsite for meetings
- The client produces household products and they need a Designer to come in and come up with a specific way of branding them - pattern, type of material that they use, logo.
- They need a brand that denotes what their brand is
- A mix of Product and Industrial design
- 3D Rhino and 3DS Max - must have experience with 1 of these programs
- Looking for someone to come up with design intent for products. They won't be handling the actual design
- Need to know where design could go on these household products
- This role is technical
- Looking for a minimum of 5+ years’ experience in design, due to the need to work remotely with little direction
- Bonus: if the candidate has apparel design experience. Want person to be able to apply branding or specific brand material to a variety of products
Ideally the designer will have broad industrial design experience across products and materials. The designer will be developing a design language and cues that their clients can share with their licensees/partners to create something that creates an identity around branded products.
- Must work well independently
- Working with licensing a plus
- Contemporary and modern aesthetic
- Strong understanding of how materials and patterns can play a role in creating a unique brand signature
- Form factor designs, accessories/technical apparel, broad range of projects
- Strong Illustration skills
- Knowledge of 3D Rhino/3DS Max
- Tech pack experience a plus, not necessary
Start: beginning of October
Duration: 3-6 weeks