A multidisciplinary design office working with a number of top tier companies on brand design and design-led business development is seeking a Senior UX Designer to join as integral part of our day-to-day operations, long-term development and growth.
- Permanent opportunity
- Located in Chelsea
- Report To: Creative Director
- Client: Retail company specializing in home improvement
- Project: working in the home decor and tools area, helping the brand recreate the functionality of tools
More about the company: an award-winning brand design and development firm that takes a consumer centric, design-based approach to helping customers innovate and grow their businesses. We excel at brand innovation, brand creation, new product development, consumer experience, environmental design and supply chain management. We create new companies and brands, expand and extend existing brands, and design the products, services, spaces, and experiences that bring them to life.
The Senior UX/UI Designer will be responsible for overseeing all user experience and design aspects of the organization. The Senior UI/UX Designer works with the design and creative team to develop a cohesive experience throughout our project in order to increase user satisfaction. Our ideal candidate is responsible for guiding the entirety of the UX process through its completion, while working alongside our Creative Director and developers to ensure accurate implementation.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Partner with the creative team and developers to maintain a cohesive design throughout our product, providing skill and mentorship.
- Exercise your expertise in performance, architecture, and object- oriented design to deliver compelling customer experiences.
- Contribute to in-progress design work, evaluating the priorities and effectivity of solutions.
- Work with the Design team to improve the range of research methods used.
- Employ design thinking and questioning techniques to develop execution plans to ensure overall strategic direction is on-target.
- Provide and encourage feedback from the team and other designers.
- Create prototypes to show and demonstrate interactions.
- Conduct Usability Testing to validate design concepts.
- Strengthen overall project management and workflow capacity in a manner to efficiently support multiple clients with a mixture of long term and short-term projects
- Partner in managing the teams responsible for delivery – including internal parties and third-party resources
- Manage budgets & timelines and identify ways to find efficiencies through optimizing workflow
- Provide status reports and monitor progress
- Identify opportunities to drive substantial value and revenue by engaging with new prospects, overseeing and participating in new business proposal development, and active involvement in new proposal pitches
- Travel to client locations as needed
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 5-7 years of experience
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, esp. InDesign
- Experience working in fast paced start up environments, leading and managing multiple teams (especially technology, creative, media, strategy and product development)
- Experience with interactive projects is required including, app development, web development and display advertising
- Experience in applying marketing analytics, marketing automation and customer insights to brand strategy, campaign planning and field marketing is a plus.
- Experienced with multiple campaign lifecycles from business development to final delivery