Job Title: Safety Policy Programmes Manager
Duties: Facebook's Public Policy Team is looking for a Safety Policy Programmes Manager to work in tandem with our policy, programs and communications teams for the EMEA region in implementing, building and executing strategic safety policy programmes and programmatic responses in region as part of the company's global safety policy and safety programmes efforts.
The successful candidate will:
● Create, launch and execute strategic local policy programmes, initiatives and campaigns in partnership with the global policy programs team, EMEA safety policy team and local policy teams with key organizations/NGOs around EMEA
● Build relationships with and understand the perspectives of partners on internal teams such as Product, Public Policy, Business Partnerships and Development, Operations, Marketing, Communications and Legal
● Build and manage partnerships and relationships with external safety relevant stakeholders.
● Organize and coordinate relevant external events such as safety hackathons or roundtables
● Lead project management aspects and the successful execution of complex, cross-functional efforts.
● Build alignment among key project stakeholders.
● Spot and creatively solve complex, cross-functional operational issues.
● Set goals and metrics for each project, tracking progress each quarter.
● Work closely with the communications team on our safety narrative.
● Be organised and diligent on admin related tasks such as raising Purchase Orders and initiating contracts
● Scan and identify potential partners within the government and civic society space for policy programs
● Work in partnership with global programs and regional teams on a strategy for building and executing programs
● Collaborate and ensure consistency in approach to Facebook's safety policy issues
● Undertake research for new programs, including identification of partners, budgeting, and delivery
● Lead the delivery of and support the Safety Policy Programs Public Policy team on various program initiatives
● Drive ideation, creation, and production of events, program elements and collateral materials
● Identify strategic opportunities for external presentations to influencer audiences
● Develop annual and quarterly operating plans and budgets, prepare internal reports, and perform other ad hoc analyses
Skills: The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented, get-things-done professional who can function in a fast-moving environment, and rapidly earn credibility and trust with all levels of the organization. They are adept at understanding complex policy and reputation challenges and passionate about the mission of Facebook. They are an expert communicator who is a true diplomat, deftly managing relationships both inside and outside of the company. They are passionate about technology as a force for good and empowering billions of people around the world to be safe on the family of Facebook apps.
We are looking for candidates with exceptional experience of working in a matrix organisation to deliver impact, with strong internal and external stakeholder management skills, and the ability to manage multiple fast-moving, high-priority issues simultaneously, as well as working proactively to identify opportunities to build trust and understanding of Facebook as a safe platform among targeted stakeholder groups. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is used to creating impact in a small team and is willing to roll up their sleeves to do anything to get the job done. They should be collaborative, creative, resourceful, knowledgeable about technology policy issues, analytical, and an excellent writer.
● 8+ years of experience in partnerships and program management, project management, and management consulting and marketing
● Some experience with technology, policy issues, politics, and government
● Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills and ability to build relationships based on collaboration
● Experience delivering and managing high-priority projects simultaneously
● Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
● Ability to think, plan, and execute resourcefully and creatively
● Interest in technology and related policy issues
● Fluency in written and spoken English with superb writing skills, French would be desirable
● Passion for Facebook and its mission to make the world more open and connected
● Travel will be required
Education: ● Bachelor Degree in business, marketing and project management, or a related field
Skills and Experience: