Our b2b brand and marketing agency are looking for a new creative director to come on board, stand at the helm and guide their creative ship. This could be you if you are from a design or art direction background in an agency or creative in house team and are an established leader who enjoys the mentoring/nurturing of a team, setting high creative standards and understanding the businesses direction and developing your team's conceptual and design output to be an award winning offering for the clients. The role will be split evenly between Leadership, the Creative direction of the clients and supporting the team and even rolling up your sleeves by being hands on.
You will oversee and direct conceptual and design projects and will ultimately be responsible for the quality of ideas and the end-to-end design execution of jobs, from brief through to implementation and delivery, effectively and efficiently. You'll show that you are a multi-skilled creative that directs, inspires, leads and supports all levels of design and creative talent across the account, defining and advancing a positive and highly productive design culture for Clarity.
You will have a proven ability to communicate and liaise with all levels in the business, a proven ability to influence stakeholders at all levels, including outside the design team, a proven ability to effectively manage creative teams and have Director level written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking. Other responsibilities, including but not exclusively:
- Championing creativity and excellent customer centricity for online, offline and experiential projects
- Creatively direct your team of 10+
- Manage, supervise, review and audit the work of designers and art workers to ensure the creative level expected is being met.
- Undertake the design of collateral, to the client’s brief and exacting standards and within agreed timeframes.
- Act as brand guardian to ensure all design collateral produced is faithful to the client’s brand guidelines.
- Work with and support the team to deliver excellent customer services.
Setting the Design Culture:
- Champion award submissions and identify award worthy projects
- To motivate and influence the creative team to constantly strive for excellence in performance.
- To proactively monitor the quality of design projects being produced and submitted by leading internal review sessions and seeking feedback.
- To investigate, propose and implement innovative ways of delivering design services to maximise efficiency and productivity.
- To actively oversee and manage team meetings, forward scheduling meetings and work review meetings.
- To manage, oversee and coordinate the sharing of knowledge and the facilitation of learning
- Lead creative aspect of pitching along pitch teams
- Attend client meetings, present work, discuss needs and identify opportunities.
Skills & personal attributes:
Award winning creativity. Brand proposition development expert with a portfolio of experience across channels. A role model and leader the team find supportive and inspirational.
- be hands on with a strong focus on digital
- be experienced in directing complex, commercial, design projects involving senior stakeholders and interdisciplinary creative teams with strong experience across our specialisms
- be highly creative with the ability to generate ideas and practically contribute to design details, importantly demonstrating exceptional pure graphic design and typography skills
- be proficient in Adobe CC, Microsoft Office and other related software
- be a driven, proactive, helpful, and enthusiastic team player
If this sounds like you and you'd like to hear more about the opportunity please apply for a confidential review with a CV & portfolio of relevant work.
You also understand that the business is situated in a rural location and you will require a car, parking on site, or it is a cycle ride from the station which is on the main line from London Euston.