Client: e-Commerce Company
Onsite, M-F full time hours
Sr Level role, full UX and UI
Senior Product Designer (Contract Role)
Who are you?
Smart, passionate and motivated. Resourceful, innovative, flexible, forward-thinking and a team player. Our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you, please read on!
We are seeking a Senior Product Designer with responsive web design experience to join our great design team in Hollywood.
The ideal candidate has 5+ years of experience in interactive and user experience design and a portfolio of work that demonstrates an understanding of information hierarchy, business objectives and good usability practices along with a strong sense of aesthetics. He or she will have a proven track record of successfully driving innovative, useful and delightful experiences from idea inception through deployment.
This role is specific to working on the consumer purchase experience and requires the ability to drive, champion and implement data-driven solutions. We are looking for someone who can tackle complex problem solving and meet business goals given by multiple stakeholders with various requirements, while also creating a simple and pleasant buying experience. We require both UX and visual design chops.
- Conceptualizing, prototyping, and building responsive design solutions for mobile, tablet and desktop.
- Practicing insight and data-driven design and taking part in user testing to validate work.
- Working with fellow designers, product managers and developers to incorporate functionality and services that: 1) are compatible with and advances an established design language and methodology; 2) meets business requirements; 3) works within development timelines; and 4) brings joy to fans.
- Collaborating with developers to find the most effective, expedient and efficient way to implement superior solutions and conducting desk checks to ensure visual and experiential fidelity to brand standards.
- Presenting work in a clear and compelling manner to stakeholders (Must be able to explain design solutions by citing best practices, testing data or business goals).
- Working in an agile environment and balancing meetings with necessary production time.
- 5+ years professional experience with an emphasis on product design.
- Bachelor’s degree in design preferred, or equivalent industry-related experience.
- An understanding of interaction design and usability best practices.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- An online portfolio that showcases: 1) UI/UX and visual design solutions; 2) experience with responsive design.
- A PDF resume that reflects your design aesthetic and mastery of typography and layouts.
- Proficiency in modern design tools (Sketch, Adobe products, Invision, Zeplin).
- E-Commerce experience, preferred.
- Animation, illustration, motion and prototyping (via Principle or Framer) skills are a plus.