An upstart agency in downtown Louisville is working to fill out its design team and needs a Lead Senior Designer at the helm! The Lead Senior Designer provides design services for the agency and will the Creative Director's "Right Hand Wo/Man." The Designer is responsible for concepting, developing and producing marketing collateral and digital content for clients. The Designer must exhibit competent design skills in achieving the highest possible standards for all materials requiring design in assigned projects and tasks. This role must exhibit knowledge of clients’ business challenges to execute design requests as defined by the client.
• Leads concepting and execution of projects.
• Designs print collateral and digital communications from start-to-finish, with a strong focus on developing digital content (Interactive PDFs, Interactive content, static and motion-based banners).
• Develops initial rough layouts, storyboards or mock-ups for creative review (as needed).
• Provides design and professional insights to Creative Services and Brand teams.
• Produces and is accountable for the final development of creative assets and ensures accuracy, attention to detail and overall meets or exceeds the design objectives.
• Ensures brand guidelines and directives are embraced and adhered to in all executions.
• Effectively handles account management with clients.
• Helps implement processes to increase efficiencies
• Works to improve the team’s overall performance and embraces a collaborative approach.
• Actively seeks teammates for their input and insights on developing projects.
• Successfully completes strategic projects as assigned by Creative Services supervisor.
• Engages in professional development to continuously grow in the profession and remain competitive with outside services.
• Bachelor’s degree required. Preferably in Graphic Design or related field.
• 5+ years professional level experience required in creative/graphic design within an external or in-house agency.
• Digital Portfolio required (portfolio website or PDF).
• Highly organized with a strong record of working independently, meeting deadlines and attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills and a record of collaboration and teamwork.
• Understanding of digital media.