Job Title: Italian speaking Media Standards and Practices Administrator
Job Location: London or work from home
Starting: Sept/Oct 2019
Salary/Pay Rate: £22.11 - £29.81 per hour
Hours: Part-time 20 hours per week
Duration: 6 months with potential to extend
PART-TIME POSITION - 20 HOURS - WFH OPTION
A global social media business is seeking an Italian-speaking Content Standards & Practices Contractor to review funded news and entertainment programming. The focus of this role is to ensure programming compliance with Standards & Practices and Community Standards. The candidate will collaborate proactively with the S&P team – this will be on a part-time basis, 20 hours per week which can be worked remotely. The candidate will have a proven track record of standards and practices problem-solving, be a dependable collaborator, and have an understanding of both the media landscape and censorship process of in Italy including knowledge of the TV rating system and the digital content ecosystem.
- Establish a complete understanding of Standards & Practices to ensure that programs do not violate standards for mature content and that national and cultural sensitivities are considered
- Work with Standards & Practices team on reviewing funded news reports for accuracy, balance, and fairness
- Establish a complete understanding of local TV rating systems
- Provide feedback for original premises, scripts and cuts to development teams internally and creative teams externally
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders and experts, if necessary, on content issues
- 2-3+ years of work experience in Standards & Practices, Journalism, Production, or censorship related roles for TV or Digital platforms
- Working knowledge of journalism ethics and best practices
- Proficient in speaking, reading and writing in Italian and English languages
- Proven understanding of regional censorship practices for entertainment on TV and streaming services
- Knowledge and understanding of local customs and cultural characteristics
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to identify and resolve issues
- Negotiation skills with an ability to influence mutually agreeable outcomes
- Experience working with producers, cross-functional teams, colleagues and senior leadership
- Ability to spot issues, problem solve, and be able to apply attention to detail
- Ability to manage differing priorities while delivering high-level results
- Personal responsibility and commitment to his/her work, follow-through and accountability
- Willingness to address content issues relating to foul or derogatory language, sexual situations, nudity, violent and graphic images, etc.
- Experience in day-of-air or long-form TV news production.
- Working knowledge of TV broadcast and basic cable Standards & Practices, and the Parental Ratings Guidelines
- Knowledge of the intellectual property and rights management landscape
Advanced degree in Public Policy, Tech Policy, Communications, Journalism or other related fields
The Largest Social Media Company in the World.
The B2B Solution of the largest Social Media Company in the world
The Charity and NGO focused solution for the largest Social Media company in the world.