We have a new role with one of Boston's top universities where they are looking for UX/UI Specialist. This role would be full-time hours with one remote day per week. Take a look at this job description and let me know what you think!
We are seeking a User Experience Designer to take the lead in crafting the next generation of digital experiences for both the Corporate and Higher Education customers. This person will have a solid understanding of HCI (human-computer interaction) principles and be adept at delivering project artifacts from discovery to implementation. The ideal candidate must have the ability to guide stakeholders through a user-centered design process that includes user research, requirements gathering, ideation, prototype solutions, data collection, and optimization. This person will work in an agile, cross-functional project team that includes Product Owners, Content Creators, Engineers, and Quality Assurance personnel. The successful candidate will be a logical thinker and a natural problem solver with the ability to identify a variety of solutions. The candidate will also have a high standard for quality and execution and will have the ability to make compelling arguments in support of a vision. They will have the maturity to see the value in multiple solutions and numerous points of view.
• Collaborate with a cross-functional team, communicate a design vision effectively to stakeholders, and shape and guide the product’s end-to-end experience to ensure it achieves customer goals.
• Practice an iterative, user-centered design approach and create best-in-class deliverables in every phase of the UX design lifecycle.
• Lead discovery sessions and brainstorms.
• Develop user flows, wireframes, and interaction features.
• Create interactive prototypes for a variety of devices and platforms.
• Present concepts, ideas and potential solutions to stakeholders and senior management and implement their feedback.
• Participate actively in UX testing and revise designs after synthesizing test results.
• Utilize deep knowledge of UX best practices and trends in media, online learning, and emerging technologies.
• Advocate for the user throughout the product design process.
• Degree or certificate in UX-related course of study
• 5-7 years of role-specific experience
• Deep understanding of UX principles, especially in support of content
• In-depth knowledge of UX tools such as Sketch, InVision, Adobe XD and Axure
• Ability to learn new prototyping tools easily
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud
• Basic knowledge of HTML and strong knowledge of CSS
• Flexibility and aptitude to thrive in an Agile environment
•Clean visual design aesthetic with attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to effectively communicate ideas and make presentations
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Aptitude to build relationships across the organization
• Ability to accept feedback and work in a professional manner
• Capacity to handle many tasks concurrently and work under deadlines
• Highly motivated with excellent follow-through, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills
• Excitement and confidence to advocate effectively for UX principles throughout the organization
They are moving fast so let me know your thoughts on this role!