Our client is looking for someon to write 6 white papers! Each around 1000-1500 words(These are thought leadership pieces).
- The outlines are written and approved. They’re very detailed, so we don’t need someone to do extensive digging to understand the subject matter or build the story from scratch, We really need someone who can weave the outline into a cohesive narrative with good flow.
- Audiences are engineers, technical and science-minded folks, so the material is relatively dense, but needs to feel human. The pieces should speak about the topic with authority and knowledge, but remain approachable.
- Brand voice and tone has been developed and can be provided for each white paper.
The Process and Timeline:
- There will be 2 rounds of client revision for these white papers. Before each of those rounds, the hiring manager will be reviewing the content and will work with the writer to revise as needed before going to the client.
- It is estimated that each white paper will take around 15-20 hours each. 8-10 hours for the first draft, and 4-5 hours for each revision.
- This is just writing, no strategy, no research.
Who You Are:
- The material is a little dense. A general inclination toward scientific/technical writing would be beneficial.
- Advertising-heavy copywriters would likely not be the ideal fit; we do need someone who can write to brand voice so the pieces don’t sound robotic, but the material is inherently a little dry, succinct, and no-frills.