An education client in NYC is looking for a Senior Visual Designer for a 3 month role
- Seeeking a Senior Visual Designer to join the Brand Experience team in the New York office
- You bring your demonstrated ability to design compelling, digitally-focused, concepts and experiences
- You have a strong background in visual and interaction design, with a keen eye towards typography, composition, and color
- Looking for someone who can work independently, self-manage, and find innovative ways and means to support our goals
- Must be adaptable, service-oriented, and dedicated to being an advocate for users through great design
What you’ll do
- Develop the UI and visual design for college planning tools and features.
- Implement branding and visual direction across a range of digital experiences, while collaborating with UX and content strategy leads.
- Work hands-on within a fast-paced iterative design environment.
- Create on-brand data visualizations and work with the pattern library
- Develop strong stories to present and communicate visual design strategy to stakeholders, and team members.
- Create prototypes and testing artifacts in support of research and audience validation efforts, to determine the success of design approaches.
- Coordinate with project management and the design team to ensure timely delivery of design artifacts.
- Help foster an environment of collaboration by partnering with business and creative teams to align the visual design approach with project goals.
- A portfolio of your work showcasing visual and interaction design included in your application.
- Mastery of industry standard design tools, e.g. Sketch, Adobe CC Suite, Invision, et al.
- Hands-on experience in visual and interaction design for agency or in-house team.
- Knowledge of UI design principles and best practices, and how to apply across platforms
- Have experience taking complex ideas and presenting them in a straight forward, simple design.
- Worked with established design systems
- Advanced understanding of visual design systems, hierarchy, typography, illustration, photography, and composition.
- Experience working with brand level design systems and pattern libraries.
- Pixel perfect attention to detail.
- Fluency in creating visual content for mobile, responsive design.
- Experience in, familiarity with working in agile, or iterative design and delivery environments.
- Familiarity with user-centered research, such as usability testing, contextual inquiry, and field interviews.
- Experience in designing for accessibility.
Duration: 3 months