Vitamin T is seeking a Freelance Production Artist with Packaging experience to work onsite in the Nortwestern suburbs with a retail client.
• Refine high-quality packaging & related deliverables, demonstrating the ability to work within regulation constraints.
• Manage the maintenance of existing files to provide complete and timely updated deliverables when changes are needed.
• Possess working knowledge of print including color, preparing files for print, working with printers, press checks, and troubleshooting issues.
• Apply best practice principles such as color, typography, photographic selection, illustration, organizing elements, etc. to all projects.
• Apply style/brand guidelines and templates where applicable.
• Follow & maintain style guides and monitor usage to ensure consistent application.
• Learn manufacturing information related to projects for effective development of imagery for use on related deliverables.
• Work with other designers across projects and teams.
• Communicate with internal clients on specific projects.
• Responsible for keeping and communicating an accurate timeline for active projects.
• Responsible for completion of every step from concept through production and archive maintenance.
• Preparation of files for printing or distribution to additional markets in various formats.
• Perform additional responsibilities as assigned.
Teamwork – Must be willing to make sure all details are addressed for the success of the project. Must be able to give and take constructive criticism on projects.
Results oriented – Must deliver results on time on budget and meet expectations.
DETAIL ORIENTED – MUST HAVE A KEEN EYE FOR ASSESSING ACCURACY ON ALL PROJECTS
Skill Set Required:
Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat)
Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point
Helpful but not required: Esko, 3ds Max, Web or mobile understanding