Senior Communications Manager:
My client is a market-leading, world-renowned international brand that put people and strong ideas at the heart of what they do. Currently going through a busy period where lots of positive change is occurring, they are looking to bring in a Senior Communications Manger to join their team.
Reporting into the Head of External Communications, you will be focused on developing the visual communications outlook both internally/externally within the brand’s food business and helping contribute to the overall wider business communications strategy.
On a day-to-day basis, responsibilities will include:
- As part of a cross functional Team including Marketing and Product PR, play a key role in planning and delivering media activities for key campaigns in the trading calendar (e.g. Easter and Christmas) and key campaign launches
- Build and maintain a network of influential journalists and increase our breath and depth of contacts with influencers and sector commentators relevant to the Business
- Deputise for the Head of External Communications and, as the Senior External Communications Manager, take on a broader role in the management of the department including guidance and advice to members of the team, support with the company’s engagements with senior editors and correspondents on a broad range of issues
As this is a consultative role with a lot of responsibility with external individuals, you should possess great relationship building skills, a cool head under pressure, and the ability to adapt to a fast-moving environment will be key.
All in all, if you are passionate about brand and driving external communications success, this could be the one for you!
- 8-10 years’ experience in a large fast-paced in-house (preferably FMCG) brand or agency business
- Good contact with relevant print, broadcast and online media
- Digitally savvy with a very strong news sense and excellent media handling skills
- Experience of handling sensitive issues in the media and experience of acting as a company spokesperson