Our client in the education sector is seeking a Sr. Project Manager for a 6 month assignment. In this role you will be the chief promise keeper for projects keeping an end to end perspective for the teams. You will be responsible for delivery of projects by driving quarterly commitments to completion on time, on budget, and on quality.
- You will management projects directly or provide leadership to Project Coordinators/Managers assigned to this project or related projects.
- Champion agile methodologies throughout the development process and adherence to the DPG SDLC - this will include leading at least two scrum teams and/or scrum of scrums
- Ensures projects do not start without proper initiation according to the DPG SDLC including roadmap prioritization, documented charter, iteration 0 and dependency identification. Clearly understand how projects fit into the programs and platform they are a part of.
- Own and manage communication plan across project. Track key decisions in decision log to ensure visibility and traceability to key decisions made. Proactively removes impediments to ensure successful delivery of team commitments. Owns and drives issue resolution and risk mitigation
- Responsible for coordinating the successful release of projects including documented release plan, detailed deployment plans, and production support plans.
OTHER REQUIRED ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Facilitator of efficient meetings and follow up
• Open style of communication to foster flow of ideas and build consensus across the project
• Cross-disciplinary understanding of product management, software development, and quality assurance
• Accurate reporting on project status and project updates using the DPG tools and processes. Understands tools needed for both project and program management and that data is properly and timely updated (e.g. decision log, issues log, risk log, JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Information Technology, Computer Science or related field preferred. Advanced degree is a plus.
• In depth knowledge of software development and adoption, ideally in Ed Tech
• Project Management experience required demonstrated by 5-7 years as Project Manager. Exposure to agile project management environment is required. Scrummaster experience is required.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus
• Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification is a plus
• PMI Agile Certified Practioner (PMI-ACP) certification is a plus
• Self-motivated and well-organized; able to prioritize tasks and work well under pressure.
• Demonstrated skills in leadership, negotiation, conflict management, communications, organizational and critical thinking
• Experience in consulting working with business partners, external vendors utilizing both traditional and rapid/lightweight project management is desired
• Ability to travel up to 25%