Our client is seeking a copywriter to support their browser marketing across desktop and mobile.
Your every day will be spent on two cross-functional agile teams: one team focused on growing their mobile and desktop user base, and the other focused on keeping and engaging mobile users. On these teams, you’ll collaborate with and learn from a diverse set of colleagues, from product managers and marketing strategists to engineers, data analysts, and designers.
You’ll be the one who crafts the messages we put out at the top of the marketing funnel, and the one who makes good on those copy promises to existing mobile users. Your responsibilities include contributing to project planning and prioritization, taking on writing tasks working alongside a design resource, and presenting your work jointly to the team. The upshot of working in agile? You never get a bad brief, because you’re integral to deciding what goals the team wants to tackle, and how they’ll tackle them.
You bring a strong sense of brand to everything you write, understanding the importance of a consistent tone of voice, and knowing how to meet people where they are in the user journey.
You enjoy short-form writing and are experienced in the main mobile touchpoints: push notifications, in-app messages, automated lifecycle journeys and contextual triggered messages, and App/Play Store (ASO) optimization. You know how to make differentiated messaging sing and search rankings soar. And you know when to delight users and when to inform and get out of their way.
You’ve got a good handle on writing for growth marketing touchpoints like performance marketing partnerships and SEO. And you’re ready to create split tests for web and mobile, ensuring that the copy options are distinct and isolate variables to produce the clearest results.
Regardless of the assignment, you’ll find novel ways to express the personality and tone of their brand: Radical, Opinionated, Open and Kind.
This assignment is located in their San Francisco or Mountain View office, and reports to the Head of Copy on the Brand Team.
As a Freelance Copywriter with our client:
- You’ll contribute to original concepts for their company's product offerings.
- You’ll help refine the voice and tone of our brand as part of the ongoing evolution of its identity system, and help to define and deepen the brand's user journey.
- You’ll work collaboratively and in the open with a team of other copywriters and visual designers as well as product marketing managers, developers, and UX specialists.
- You’ll conduct benchmarking audits and make recommendations regarding brand tone.
- You’ll participate in the evaluation of consumer research to inform copy iteration.
- You might even get in on side projects around product naming and brand campaigns.
- You’ll design experiments that increase traffic and conversions for the company's desktop and mobile product lines.
Your Professional Profile:
- 5-7 years experience in brand/marketing/advertising copywriting or related field.
- Ability to pitch work-in-progress ideas and present final work to a diverse set of partners and draw inspiration from their feedback.
- Experience working collaboratively and in the open using Google documents.
- Self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet project deadlines.
- Experience publishing your own content in a blog, on a site, or in print.
- Ability to write in a variety of styles with an ear for modern, conversational English
- Versed in a/b and multivariate copy testing on desktop and mobile platforms