Our client is seeking a Copywriter to support their browser marketing across desktop and mobile. Your everyday will be spent on two cross-functional agile teams: one focused on growing their desktop and mobile user base, and the other focused on mobile retention. So you’ll be the one who crafts the messages they put out at the top of the marketing funnel, and the one who makes good on those copy promises to existing mobile users. On these agile teams, you will contribute to project planning and prioritization, take on writing tasks working alongside a design resource, and present your work jointly to the team. The upshot of working in agile? You never get a bad brief, because you’re integral to deciding what goals the team wants to tackle, and how they’ll tackle them.
- You bring a strong sense of brand to everything you write, understanding the importance of a consistent tone of voice, and knowing how to meet people where they are in the company's user journey.
- You know your way around performance marketing, SEM, and optimizing the App/Play Store (ASO), with experience at making differentiated messaging sing and search rankings soar.
- You’ve architected split copy tests for web and mobile, so you know how to wrangle inputs to extract the clearest insights. And you can teach them a thing or two about engaging existing mobile users: knowing when to delight them and when to inform and get out of their way.
Regardless of the assignment, you’ll find novel ways to express the personality and tone of their brand: Radical, Opinionated, Open and Kind.
This assignment is located in San Francisco and reports to the Head of Copy on the Brand Team.
As a Freelance Copywriter...
● You’ll contribute to original concepts for the company's product offerings
● You’ll help refine the voice and tone of their brand as part of the ongoing evolution of its identity system, and help to define and deepen the company's user journey
● You’ll work collaboratively and in the open with a team of other copywriters and visual designers as well as product marketing managers, developers, and UX specialists
● You’ll conduct benchmarking audits and make recommendations regarding brand tone
● You’ll participate in the evaluation of consumer research to inform copy iteration
● You might even get in on side projects around product naming and brand campaigns
● You’ll design experiments that increase traffic and conversions for the company's desktop and mobile product lines
Your Professional Profile
● 5-7 years experience in brand/marketing/advertising copywriting or related field
● Ability to pitch work-in-progress ideas and present final work to a diverse set of partners and draw inspiration from their feedback
● Experience working collaboratively and in the open using Google documents
● Self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet project deadlines
● Experience publishing your own content in a blog, on a site, or in print
● Ability to write in a variety of styles with an ear for modern, conversational English
● Versed in a/b and multivariate copy testing on desktop and mobile platforms