Business Development and Marketing Manager
Paying Up to £52k doe - 12 month Maternity Cover
Ideal start August/September
Our client is a large professional services company looking for an experienced Business Developer with marketing experience to join their current team of around 70 .
The current person is leaving in October so the ideal candidate will be able to start August/September to ensure a detailed handover.
This is predominantly a Business Development role, reporting in to the new Head of BD but you will also be responsible for developing, delivering and monitoring strategic marketing and business development activity for designated service lines and actively generating leads. You will work closely with key Partners to drive profitable revenue growth as well as working on marketing and communications campaigns, social media, blogs, creating relevant content and measure the effectiveness and ROI of campaigns to plan an appropriate strategy for use this within the BD team.
There is an element of events planning in this role but prior experience of this is preferred but not mandatory. You should be comfortable managing small teams and have proven experience of line management in previous roles.
The ideal candidate will come from a professional services background.
The Business Development (BD) team is responsible for supporting the development, delivery and monitoring of strategic marketing and business development initiatives in the London region. Day-to-day, the team works together to raise the profile of the firm’s services and sector expertise in the region, support client care and generate new wok from new and existing clients.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in professional services for a very ambitious firm. The London Business Development team is undergoing exciting change and is expanding to better support our London offices.
Job description: Business Development & Marketing Manager (FTC)
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop a Partner engagement plan for designated service line
- Carry out Partner engagement for strategic sales and support planning
- Attend, and contribute to, Partner-led steering groups as appropriate
- Challenge Partners using pipeline data, cold targeting and Dynamics (CRM) usage
- Build internal and external networks for the benefit of the service line
- Identify new sales / cross-selling opportunities to existing clients and targets clients
- Actively generate warm leads through follow-ups from campaigns
- Networking at events
- Support all subsequent business development activity; meetings, follow-ups
- Take ownership a number of targets and scoping meetings
- Build your profile in the market and as a recognised figurehead
- Act as a focal point of all business development activity
- Manage proposals relevant to service line; liaising with bid specialist
- Conducting debriefs after every bid and share intelligence with wider business
- Lead on high value and strategically important service-line proposals
- Understand the service line’s tendering activity to influence success rates
- Deliver partner presentation coaching
- Contribute to national/sector marketing campaigns, leading on regional intelligence
- Personalisation of communication of campaigns via internal communication channels
- Manage the campaign follow-up and feed back to partners/campaign leads
- Find opportunities for thought leadership pieces, blogs and social media activity
- Produce high quality, effective internal communication, including intranet content.
- Build knowledge of the firm’s activity and wide offering, emphasis on adding value
- Undertake independent service reviews with existing clients
- Feeding back of reviews to partners and engagement team
- Sharing intelligence across the wider team; market/ competitor insight, campaigns.
- Coach partners and staff on business development best practice
- Accurately record all BD activity (meetings and opportunities) on Dynamics
- Analyse ROI and evidence performance
- Design a service-line led events programme (internal, external and intermediaries)
- Lead on planning, liaising with events specialist
- Networking on the day, post-event follow-ups and review of ROI
- Line management and development of BD Executive and BD Coordinator
- Budget management
**Due to the high number if applications we receive, we are only able to contact those suitable for shortlisting. Thanks for your application. **