Are you a modern marketing professional who is looking to have a key role in growing the business and transforming how we do marketing? Are you excited about helping us re-establish one of our marketing disciplines – events? If your answer is yes, then this Event specialist position is right for you.
The Canadian Marketing Centre of excellence team is looking for a self-starter, collaborative marketer that doesn’t think about events in isolated way. We are looking for a modern marketer that can hit the ground running; an innovative thinker with appetite for learning; someone who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and work on end to end event executions. The team needs a hands-on marketer, resilient to change.
• Work with different portfolio/business groups and integrated marketing teams to translate business goals and objectives from marketing plans into compelling event plans that deliver engagement, leads, pipeline and revenue.
• Select venues, source catering, coordinate event registration pages creation and email invites for different events triaged by the Campaign desk
• Complete SOWs or other event supporting documents
• Maintain good event hygiene information within the CRM system that captures all event requests
• Partner with key event agencies to deliver as per the return on Brief
• Lead pre-event, during and post event planning with an event agency or independently
• Learn new ON24 digital demand webinar platforms and then educate the marketers that will deliver the webinars on how to use the platform
• Learn and use the events reporting tool to drive insights
• Create, develop and share post event reports with stakeholders
• Work closely with the Marcom/Commercial Marketing team to ensure excellent go- to market plan execution when it comes to events
• Work with agency partners in the development and delivery of event plans, assets, tactics and execution.
• Track, measure and report event performance against agreed-upon metrics,
• Communicate effectively, on a regularly scheduled cadence, to ensure stakeholder alignment.
• Ensure events are executed against our compliance imperative
• Evangelize the use of tools to enable proper measurement of event effectiveness (including satisfaction, cost per attendee, and leads volume)
Qualifications and skills:
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in coordinating and executing different event types onsite and digital (trade shows, conferences, seminars, client engagement).
• Knowledge of lead management tools, marketing automation platforms preferred
• Ability to take initiative, be proactive, and work independently with little supervision.
• Demonstrated project management skills, including planning, prioritizing, setting timelines, and driving the delivery of work on time and budget.
• Experience working with agencies
• Demonstrated track record of managing, supporting, and executing successful events and communications.
• Ability to create plans, project scope, and schedules to ensure all event logistics are properly budgeted, estimated, and scheduled.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively interact across different levels of the organization
• Creative thinking and an energetic and positive approach to facing challenges
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business or Communications required.