About the Role
The Senior Research Analyst uses research to provide actionable insights that turn their clients into heroes within their organizations. As a Senior Research Analyst, you will be one of their hero-makers -- an enthusiastic, intellectually curious analyst who provides and applies tech industry expertise to a wide variety of technology clients. In this role, you will be the lead researcher on the team servicing a tech giant.
In a typical day, you’ll handle the design, analysis, and reporting for a mix of qualitative and quantitative projects for technology clients, and will serve as an expert on the application of survey and non-survey data to solve client business problems. You will also excel at thinking on your feet to thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on delivering the mix of speed, quality, and value that our clients desire. If you’re interested in making heroes and working in a cutting-edge, agile research environment, then this is the role for you.
This position will report to a manager based in Denver, Colorado, but you can also be located in New York City or Chicago if need be (also open to San Francisco).
**Perfect candidates in other markets might also be considered. Let's talk!!!**
What You’ll Do
- Maintain and promote a positive, optimistic outlook, personal accountability, and solution-focused orientation among immediate and cross-functional team members
- Research Design, Analysis, Reporting and Execution (DARE)
- Provide recommendations on research methodology, scope, survey design, and analysis for qualitative and quantitative studies to address client business objectives
- Design research and conduct analysis and reporting for multiple, fast-paced international and domestic technology-related projects
- Use your industry and research knowledge to provide guidance to other teammates working on (non-competitive) tech-related studies
- Write compelling story-driven reports that demonstrate a clear understanding of client business objectives and issues in the tech industry, especially with regard to adoption of new tech products
- Ensure that reports for our technology clients are based on well-designed agile research with analysis and reporting that provides actionable recommendations against client business objectives
- Demonstrate audience expertise by linking pre-launch audience insights to recommended marketing actions
- Client Management and Customer Satisfaction
- Maintain a maniacal focus on research quality, speed, and relationship building while working on projects for some of their biggest accounts
- Proactively engage with clients to ensure a positive experience and maximize the value and benefit of the product and services provided
- Serve as an expert in linking our strategic and tactical solutions to best meet client needs
- Support our Sales and Client Service teams working with tech clients as a client-facing technical expert
- Product Support
- Advanced degree or training in a research or business-related field (social science, management, psychology, statistics, market research, business)
- Typically, 8-12 years of experience in market research methodologies and analysis including strategic and tactical, quantitative and qualitative
- MUST have 5+ years of experience in a research, marketing, or branding role focused on the technology industry
- A strong understanding of issues affecting the tech industry and the ability to apply this understanding to make insights actionable.
- Deep understanding of consumer decision making and the ability to translate this understanding into actionable business recommendations
- Ability to see patterns in data – survey and non-survey -- and to connect those patterns to consumer behavior
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an environment of multiple projects with turnaround times substantially shorter than the industry average
- Big picture thinker who can pinpoint the heart of each key business issue and set it within its broader context
- The ability to communicate difficult concepts in a clear, straightforward way.
- Exceptional communication skills, written and oral including strong presentation skills for audiences of any size
- A 2nd language spoken
- Knowledge of the gaming or app-related sectors a plus
- Experience with integrating survey and non-survey data during analysis
- Client-side tech industry experience
- Experience with statistical techniques such as linear or logistic regression, cluster or factor analysis or their applications such as segmentation or key driver analysis