A fun and exciting consumer electronics/toy company is looking to bring on a Director of Software Engineering to its team. The ideal candidate is very familiar with the following programming languages: HTML, CSS, Java, C#, Swift/Objective C, Android Development, Unity Development, C++
- Own all aspects of software engineering and work directly with product management lead and other stakeholders to define the product team’s roadmap.
- Define, architect and develop high quality software solutions for existing and new product lineups from back end to front end.
- Build and lead a high performing team of software engineers and collaborate with cross functional teams (Marketing, Product, Overseas Development Team) in product development projects.
- Play a key role in product development and feature definition in collaboration with overseas Engineering teams.
- Design and implement new features and frameworks for educational, entertainment, and service robots.
- Analyze a feature in production using analytics and experiments/testing.
- Lead Swift Playgrounds projects for new robots' features and maintenance for existing ones.
- Collaborate in augmented reality game design and creation with product and creative teams.
- Lead Amazon Voice Services enabled robot projects in communication with overseas Engineering teams.
- Design protocols and API’s between system components including server/client interactions and API’s.
- 10+ years of experience developing and designing complex, interactive consumer applications
- 5+ years of experience managing software development teams
- Programming languages: HTML, CSS, Java, C#, Swift/Objective C, Android Development, Unity Development, C++
- Knowledge of Swift Playgrounds (nice to have: Augmented Reality, Shopify, Alexa Voice Services)
- Mandarin speaker is highly preferred