Are you a Senior User Experience designer looking for a new contract who loves pioneering brand new products?
Are you adept at being the UX Lead & delivering high-quality UX across web-based products?
Are you comfortable being responsible for researching and designing first-class user experiences?
Our client is looking for a Senior UX Designer to take the lead on creating new user experiences for their brand new web-based product. You will work in an agile team to innovate and provide recommendations for product, from discovery through to the delivery.
This is an 18-month contract, £70,000 per annum pro rata + up to 20% bonus
Working collaboratively in a cross-functional team (product, technology, commercial etc) to deliver a first-class UX
Working with stakeholders to understand business/commercial objectives
Working hand-in-hand with internal and external UI designers and stakeholders through each stage of the design lifecycle, developing wireframes to communicate your thinking
Uncovering insights to engage with our customers
Engaging with a program of ongoing foundational user research and learning to enhance the MVP journey and to deliver commercial objectives
Validating decisions through user testing or other appropriate methods
Working with a team of UX Managers, embedding a customer centric way of thinking in the wider Product team and business as a whole
Day to day role;
- •Creating user flows, journeys and experience decisions alongside other documentation as required
- •Creating & evolving personas of users within their space
- •Being the voice of the customer within the Channel Product Team
- •Working with internal and external design & tech resource – including external agencies as needed
- •Working with internal and external usability testing agencies and manage those sessions
- •Currently working in either a UX/Design consulting or agency-side role, or currently working as an in-house expert in this area
- •Be able to provide examples of previous work
- •Experience in planning, running, analysing and reporting on user research sessions, then using this information to recommend practical and achievable changes
- •Working knowledge of Invision, Marvel or similar for the creation of clickable prototypes
- •Strong theoretical and practical user-centred design skills
- •Persuasive speaking, presentation and negotiation skills to influence stakeholders
- •Ability to facilitate workshops, design sprints and other collaborative sessions
- •Experience of working with Technology and Business stakeholders, as well as alongside other interaction and graphic designers
- •Experience of working in cross functional agile teams, preferably dual track agile
- •Understanding & experience of working with pattern/component libraries contributing to a consistent design language
- •Time management and product management awareness for on-going design projects
- •Ability to consistently learn from data & research to aid product design decisions to achieve better customer outcomes and pivot if necessary
- •Experience and knowledge designing for A/B and multivariate testing process
- •A degree in a HCI related discipline, design or significant industry experience
- •Knowledge of Lean UX, Lean startup, Design Thinking, Kanban and dual track agile discovery & development processes
- •Proficient using some or all relevant software & tools – Sketch, Axure, Omnigraffle
- •Experience of using Zeplin, Craft or similar for providing design documentation
- •Knowledge and awareness of how to build web pages using HTML and CSS
- •Knowledge of animation & motion specifically when designing for interaction
- •Awareness & familiarity of persuasion, emotion & trust psychology and cognitive biases
- •Experience of information architecture, user journey mapping, conversion rate optimisation etc.