Our non-profit client in Los Angeles is seeking a Sr. Communication Specialist for a 10 month assignment. You will be working closely with the Campaign Director and staff members to create reports, correspondence, and other written material. This role will sit with their team in Los Angeles. There is flexibility to work remotely.
MUST have writing samples (press releases, FB posts, Twitter Posts, email templates, etc.)
· Designing and executing communications tactics to reach, identify and mobilize thousands of child care providers across the state
· Amplify the voices of providers, parents and others
· Build relationships with other communicators, bloggers and reporters
Primary job duties:
· Use digital and traditional communications tactics to support the efforts of providers to build their union; enhance the union’s identity and build its reputation among providers, parents and community members
· Coordinate the work of various consultants and communicators
· Secure earned media coverage
· Build relationships with others to promote and amplify child care providers work on social as well as traditional media
· Create events that connect public figures and other opinion makers with providers, parents and children
· Assist providers with drafting and placing Letters to the Editor, op-eds, and blog post Creates talking points, fact sheets and other materials for use with reporters and bloggers
· Curate and edit weekly e-newsletter to keep leaders and allies up to date on campaign work and accomplishments
· Create, curate and edit content for Facebook and Twitter
· Create, edit union election materials
· Track analytics to measure impact
- MUST have previous non-porfit experience
- MUST have writing samples (i.e. press releases, FB posts, Twitter Posts, email templates, etc.)
- Demonstrated commitment to racial and social justice with a track record of success working on communications for campaigns centered in communities of color or that involve women or low-income Californians.
- Experience creating and implementing digital tactics.
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
- Highly collaborative work style and thrive on managing a variety of key initiatives at the same time
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to "manage by influence"
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force. Self-starter, able to work independently
- Ability to speak Spanish is a PLUS