The Proposal Manager will co-ordinate and produce the proposal (Bids, RFP etc.) response while overseeing a small proposal team with the relevant service / product / business knowledge required to win. Responsibilities include the introduction and implementation of all necessary proposal procedures and processes. This is a highly networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines.
Proven ability in planning, producing and delivering compliant proposals within a complex business environment. The Proposal Manager will be experienced in scheduling and running proposal kick-off meetings, leading, facilitating key review meetings / final document review, coordinating proposal governance / sign-off, document production and delivery of the completed proposal. Typically will have experience of coordinating and updating a Content Management System.
- Delivery of compliant, professionally produced proposals within customer defined timeframes
- Coordinate and review/edit proposal input from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from sales, marketing, product teams, finance, commercial, legal and delivery
- Communicate and influence at a senior level
- Ability to coach sales teams and subject matter experts in persuasive writing and proposal best practice
- Proposal automation software (or similar) experience
- Document template management in line with company branding
- Strong time management / prioritisation skills
- Strong written English language skills
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Manage standard and strategic proposals for specified lines of business within best practices guidelines and framework.
- Participate in the quality assurance process through self-reviews.
- Complete production to meet hard copy RFP requirements, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, marketing, communications, professional writing, or related field.
- A minimum of five to seven years of experience, respectively, within the proposal development arena, preferably in technology or other professional services, including, but not limited to: analysis of RFPs/RFIs/IT risk assessments, developing proposal timelines, schedules, and compliance matrixes, maintaining draft version control, reporting upon proposal status, and coordinating with subject matter experts (SMEs).
- Experience supporting the development of responses to scopes of work, bid requirements, questionnaires, cover letters, executive summaries, IT risk assessments and additional responses as they relate to RFPs/RFIs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications – required.
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite – preferred.
- Proficiency in SmartDocs, or other proposal content repository
- Background in Technology, Industrial, City Planning or Related – preferred.
Technical Skills: strong creative and writing organizational skills, able to handle quick turnarounds and tight timelines and produce a quality product, ability to work well in a team-oriented environment, ability to simultaneously coordinate and manage multiple project timelines. Experience leading a team and achieving results.
This is a small-medium sized enterprise team, the Proposal Manager is a standalone role, assuming responsibility for a much broader range of roles and responsibilities and will lead a team of two proposal writers. The role will report to a Sales / Marketing Managing Director.