Our award-winning educational toy client is seeking an toy/industrial designer to join their energetic and collaborative team. You will work with the lead designer and product managers to ideate, design, and ultimately bring products to life from beginning to end!
About the role:
- Effectively create and communicate ideas through sketches, mock-ups, 3D CAD and renderings.
- Prepare 3D printed mock-ups (MakerBot+), paper/foam mock-ups, and product specification packets
- Assist the product development team in the overall design and development of product lines.
- Effectively communicate ideas through sketches, mock-ups, 3D CAD and renderings.
- Prepare 3D printed mock-ups (MakerBot+), paper/foam mock-ups, and product specification packets as necessary.
- Research product competition as well as trends in education, design, and new technology
- Strong intrapersonal communication skills
- 2 years professional experience.
- Highly skilled in rendering, sketching, and graphic design
- Proficient in Adobe Creative suite, including Illustrator and Photoshop
- Knowledge of 3D CAD (Rhinoceros preferred) and KeyShot
- 3D printing experience a plus!
- Knowledge of plastic materials and general manufacturing process.
- Portfolio demonstrating innovative thinking with on-trend designs in consumer products