Vitamin T is currently in search of a Manager of Digital UX for our client in Metro Detroit. This is a long term role!
The Manager of Digital UX (Design, Optimization & Content) is a critical member our dynamic fast paced Direct to Consumer team. This role is hands on and fully immersed, in the challenges of creating digital designs that provide the best customer experience possible across the D2C channel. As the UX expert, the incumbent will bring extensive digital UX design experience, along with a strong understanding of digital measurement, optimization testing, and personalization best practices. To ensure success, this role requires someone who is passionate about testing, understands what is required to optimize and deliver improved experiences, and leads/inspires their team to deliver high impact results. This role is a key contributor in executing and achieving the annual D2C strategic plan, and will be required to working closely with cross-functional partners like brand, merchandising, marketing, analytics and operations.
· Actively contribute to the D2C digital strategy and roadmap
· Design a friction less consumer experience across consumer facing touchpoints such as web, in-store digital, voice activated devices and messengers with a mobile first mentality
· Utilize consumer behavioral data, website feedback, and surveys to influence design decisions and feature requirements
· Oversee the execution of digital content and product/catalog loads in partnership with D2C Marketing and Merchandising
· Act as a thought leader to translate usability findings into a best-in-class digital consumer experience
· Customize and optimize responsive web page designs so that all common screen sizes get the best possible overall experience by understanding and advising the UX tradeoffs that might need to be made to achieve a desired content or conversion goal
· Contribute to seasonal creative briefs to request assets that will deliver the UX strategy
· Plan, execute, measure and analyze store and site experiences, adopting a “test and learn” approach to UX design
· Develop and execute a personalization plan with D2C Marketing and Merchandising, including testing strategy, to ensure the ultimate consumer experience
· Lead, develop and execute a testing and optimization strategy
· Hire, manage, inspire and lead direct reports through coaching/counseling and training/development
· Provide regular updates and KPI’s to senior leadership
· Develop, manage and execute projects, budgets and timelines for area of responsibility
· Ensure appropriate tools and techniques are available for the team to meet their assigned objectives successfully
· Understand the digital industry and trends in UX design and technology
Required Skills and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, IT, Business or related field, required
· 6+ years of experience in user-centered research and design across web, mobile, and desktop applications
· 3+ years of leadership experience required
· The ideal candidate will be a creative thinker, customer advocate, and player-coach who can both execute and manage design and user research, while delivering on aggressive deadlines.
· Passionate about UX-design: Experience with wireframing, have a point of view on paper prototyping, and a desire to work with tools like Sketch
· Experience with and strong knowledge of best practices within UX specific to research, brand guidelines and product design
· Analytical & creative; learning, testing, and iterating. Experience managing and decision making based on numbers and data
· Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to manage plans and processes with great organization.
· Knowledge of usability tools like Forsee, Adobe Analytics, Optimizely, Evergage and Quantum Metric
· Hands-on, “get things done” mentality. Self-starter with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines while still paying attention to details and executing with excellence
· Ability to communicate and influence effectively with different audiences, including executive team members
· Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and oral
· Ability to develop and drive execution of strategies, tactics, measurable implementation plans across the channel
· Intellectual curiosity with an appetite for change
· Excellent attention to detail
· Passion for building high performing teams
· Experience or knowledge of Agile methodologies
· Apparel, Retail, or Consumer Products manufacturing experience preferred
+ Click apply at the bottom of this page
+ Treat yourself. You've just applied for one of the most awesome opportunities you've ever seen!
Not your cup of tea? Refer a friend! http://vitamintalent.com/rewards