Our client is an impactful charity looking for a permanent Front End Developer to join their small in-house development team and work under the lead developer. You will be focussed on a programme of product development to support and enhance our client’s online, telephone and face-to-face services.
You will be mentoring less experienced developers so it’s advantageous if you have experience doing this but not critical.
You’ll be part of a wider digital team who cover digital strategy, design and UX, development, content production, social media and analytics. At times you will be expected to contribute to the digital strategy also.
Salary £40,000 per annum, based near Liverpool Street
In addition to the generous salary you can expect;
The flexibility to work from home 1 day a week
30 days holiday + bank holidays
A super 9% Pension contribution
You’ll need skills across;
CSS Grid Layouts (preferably bootstrap 4)
Key Responsibilities as a Front End Developer;
- Supporting the lead developer on the technical development, design and build of web applications.
- Working to improve the digital development team, highlighting and implementing best working practices and modern techniques with the team.
- Leading less experienced developers on day-to-day tasks, highlighting areas for praise and improvement. This includes advising the lead developer on specific areas of focus for more junior team members.
- Performing regular code reviews and pair programming, ensuring that only code of the highest standards is allowed to go live.
- As part of a small, specialist team, develop ideas and products to help improve online advice and provide better and more scalable online support for their users.
- To advise internal stakeholders on the use of new technologies and platforms, transactional processes, security, and data integration. Including solutions architecture for new products and services.
- Collaborating on a range of product designs and prototypes, from quick sketches to interactive prototypes; test and iterate on them using a range of UX tools and techniques.
- Contributing to the digital style guide and pattern library by contributing new service patterns and developing guidance and principles for their use by in house and external developers
- Working closely with UX, product and content specialists to get products built and deliver data and evidence driven iterations once live.
- Working with the Lead Developer and Head of Digital Production to ensure that roadmaps and KPIs are up-to-date and agreed and report regularly against them
- Ensuring all of our client’s online outputs are cross browser- and platform-compliant, through rigorous testing and refactoring.