Our client is looking for experienced and skilled Quality Assurance Engineers to join their team on a 6 month contract. This is an excellent position for people who enjoy working on the full cycle of manual testing — creating a strategy, writing a plan, creating and executing tests, finding regressions, logging and verifying bugs, and creating comprehensive historical records of testing activities are all part of being successful in this position.
QA Tester, you would become a full time member of one of these small teams, focusing on just one or two projects at a time to ensure that we have a solid and Well executed test strategy before launching new features to the public. One of our clients defining and most powerful features is its platform for integrating with hundreds of other services
You will be responsible for
● Working with engineering, design, product management, project management, customer experience, and other QA to design, own, and deliver on test plans for the mobile clients.
● You will help develop and maintain a robust library of test cases for both new and existing features.
● You will need to be a reliable, friendly, and non judgemental source of early feedback on new functionality and feature changes.
● You can expect to work with members of the Customer Experience team to ensure that testing is complete and thorough before launching.
● You should be ready to work with Engineering to isolate and reproduce defects across all parts of the system and identify gaps in coverage.
Your typical week might include
● Writing test cases and running tests for new features on our mobile applications.
● Bug verification, running smoke and regression suites on fixes.
● Working with the Customer Experience Team to help identify steps to reproduce, asking clarifying questions and writing bugs. It is possible you will work directly with customers.
Things we think are important for this role
● You have hands on experience with testing mobile applications and have been successful working in similar role.
● You posses the important skill of juggling multiple high priority projects and know how to prioritize and manage your time.
● You have experience with usability and accessibility testing and you love it.
● Your organizational skills and ability to capture and record detailed and accurate information about bugs and systemic issues are not to be mocked.
● You have the ability to use Xcode and/or Android Studio to build and launch test applications on mobile devices or simulators.
● You possess the ability to think outside the box and approach the client from multiple users’ perspectives, sensitivity towards pain points that could represent loss of a team or user (whether it’s an actual bug or not).
● Improvisation and flexibility. We operate differently than other teams. Standard QA processes won’t always work. Bring your bag of tricks.
*Mobile team - deep understanding of android and/or IOSReal regression testing.. They would run the tests
Mostly testing - debugging skills would be bonus. Testing wrapper - application interaction not just testing feature. Ability to read dev logs and understand changes. Root cause analysis bonus. Manual Testing - Charles proxy helpful, otherwise standard tools used.