Our client a FTSE 250 business, are looking for a mid weight UX designer to join their busy team for a 12mth FTC (maternity cover).
They are one of the UK's largest consumer websites and a go to site for all its content and advice. They have fun, centrally based offices and a team that people rarely leave so this is a great opportunity to join a growing organisation with ambitious plans over the next 12 months.
You will be an established UX designer (midweight) working in a multi disciplined environment where you are happy working with research/strategy, tech, UI/Visual teams and directly with stakeholder. You'll be used to running your own projects (under the guidance/mentorship of a team of established seniors & leads) and be confident to research and design first-class user experiences for the sites. You will work in a tight agile team to innovate and provide recommendations for product, from concepts through to the delivery of an industry-leading product.
● Work collaboratively in a cross functional dual track agile team (product, technology, commercial etc) to deliver an experience on the site which is loved by users
● Work with stakeholders to understand business & brand objectives
● Work hand-in-hand with Researchers, UI Designers, Technical teams and internal stakeholders through each stage of the design lifecycle (including internal resource and external technical agencies)
● Develop innovative ideas, designs and propositions to engage with users
● Engage with a program of ongoing user research and learning to enhance existing journeys and deliver user and business goals
● Create industry-leading, user oriented design and validate decisions through user testing or other appropriate methods
● Work with a team of UX Designers, embedding a customer centric way of thinking across the wider Product team and business as a whole
ACCOUNTABILITY & RESPONSIBILITY:
• Responsible for delivering first class user experience on the site
• Create UX artifacts such as user flows & journey maps
• Be the voice of the user within Editorial and Product Teams
• Work with internal and external design & tech resource
• Work with internal and external usability testing agencies and manage those sessions
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Currently working in either a UX/Design consulting or agency-side role, or currently working as an in-house expert in this area
• Have a proven track record working on customer oriented design projects
• Be able to provide examples of previous work
• Experience in planning, running, analysing and reporting on user research sessions & then using this information to recommend practical and achievable changes
• Experience of managing relationships with external digital and user research agencies
• Working knowledge of Invision, Marvel or similar for the creation of clickable prototypes
• Extremely passionate about usability and making empathic user-centred design decisions
• Persuasive speaking, presentation and negotiation skills to influence stakeholders
• Ability to facilitate workshops, design sprints and other collaborative sessions
• Experience of working with Technology and Business stakeholders, as well as alongside other interaction and graphic designers
• Experience of working in cross functional agile teams, preferably dual track agile
• Understanding & experience of working with pattern/component libraries contributing to a consistent design language
• Time management and product management awareness for on-going design projects
• Ability to consistently learn from data & research to aid product design decisions to achieve better customer outcomes and pivot if necessary
• Experience and knowledge designing for A/B and multivariate testing process
• A degree in a HCI related discipline, design or significant industry experience
• Knowledge of Lean UX, Lean startup, Design Thinking discovery & development processes
• Proficient using some or all relevant software & tools – Sketch, Axure, Omnigraffle
• Experience of using Zeplin, Craft or similar for providing design documentation
• Knowledge and awareness of how to build web pages using HTML and CSS
• Knowledge of animation & motion specifically when designing for interaction
• Awareness & familiarity of persuasion, emotion & trust psychology and cognitive biases
• Experience of information architecture, user journey mapping, conversion rate optimisation etc.
If you meet this job description and would like to know more please apply with a detailed portfolio of case studies focussing on your UX experience and process as well as an up to date CV.
This role is offered as a 12mth FTC, at the end of the contract you will be able to apply for other roles within the group if this is suitable to your situation.