An award-winning, digital marketing & social media agency in NYC is looking for a Social Art Director to start ASAP for a permanent opportunity.
- Looking for someone who is more of a leader than doer
- Looking for heavy social media and motion graphics in someone's background
- Although this AD will be the forefront of the creative team and mostly giving direction, they will have some production asks of them. Will work on complex production pieces - static or motion
- Lead role: voice of creative front when new campaigns are coming in. If a new client comes in, this person will be introduced as the creative lead and will work with the strategy and design team to come together and work on campaign decks, mood boards, style guides to shape the tone, look and feel.
- Looking for someone who can come in and grow within the company
- Responsible for junior members, will help shape the team
- Coming from an entertainment and beauty background is huge plus, but not required
- Looking to see a well packaged portfolio
- This candidate must be client facing and will need to translate feedback and work through issues/ problems and be proactive in steering client in right direction
- This person is forefront of creative team
- First round: meet with ECD and Director of Strategy. Could make a decision right after that.
- Second round (if needed): meet other members of team
Start = ASAP
Duration = Permanent
Social Art Director
Our Art Director is a leader, a maker, a presenter, an inventor, & above all else, a Social creature – in love with the medium & able to harness the things that make it great. Knowledge of motion design & animation is a must and knowledge of 3D is a major plus.
- Providing leadership & creative vision for the Social Media Design Team
- Injecting your knowledge of, and passion for, Social Media into the design process
- Developing relationships with clients, & providing a service that brings them back for more
- Creating work alongside those you’re directing (roughly a 60/40 split between direction/creation)
- Staying abreast of developments and best practices in the Social and Creative spaces, and finding novel applications for them.
Experience / skills required =
- 5+ years of agency design experience, and parallel experience in a managerial role
- A broad portfolio, rich in Social Media and motion driven examples
- Previous experience working with Entertainment and/or Beauty clients
- An instinctive love of Social Media
- Proven success in previous client facing roles
- Confidence managing multiple Social campaigns
- The skill to captivate & engage your audience
- The ability to lead, direct, inspire, give and receive critiques & present, demonstrate, cajole, twist, & juke your way to great product
- Strength in communication and collaboration – written & verbal, client facing & internal
- The ability to satisfy the artistic, technological & business requirements of a project – on brand, on budget & within scope
- Senior skills in relevant tools – Adobe CC, Cinema4D or similar, Keynote, a pencil etc.
- Fundamental knowledge of desktop & mobile design & UX best practice