A growing Sorrento Valley based client is looking for a Lead Copywriter to join their team full-time, on-site. This is a great opportunity for this writer to join a team where they can immediatley make an impact as they will be leading/mentoring two other writers.
Writing and editing short ad copy is a major part of this role so you must have those samples to share.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Lead Copywriter will be responsible for developing fresh and creative headline concepts and body copy for print, web, broadcast, point-of-sale materials and email. The Lead Copywriter will understand direct response copywriting, call-to-action, and script development. Be part of a strong creative team that works collaboratively to provide the best creative solutions to meet our marketing objectives.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Monitoring and analyzing the effectiveness of ad copy
· Proofreading and ensuring the quality of any outgoing correspondence
· Reading and interpreting analytics for press releases, emails and other marketing correspondence
· Serving as back-up for social media specialist
· Working with the copywriting team to create and maintain an editorial calendar
· Collaborate with director of corporate communications and project manager to complete writing assignments
· Managing work and performance for copywriters
· Excellent writing skills with minimum 7 years’ experience
· Strong business-to-business and business-to-consumer background in marketing and advertising
· BA in English, communications, marketing or related field
· Solid background producing a wide variety of short- and long-form copy, i.e. print, email and web ads, email correspondence, newsletters, web content, internal communications, print marketing materials and video
· Ability to work well independently or collaboratively
· Strong verbal communication skills
· Strong understanding of AP style
· Fast-paced and resourceful with a passion for excellence
· Ability to manage several coinciding assignments and meet deadlines while maintaining a high level of expertise
· Working knowledge of email distribution systems and proficiency in Microsoft Office
· Flexibility and ability to adapt to Costco’s and our OEM partners’ writing styles
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university; or a minimum of five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.