Business Development / Sales Specialists – Various levels available
Salary: £ 25 – 50k (dependent on experience)
Location: East Croydon HQ and work remotely
Role: Business Development / Sales Specialist reporting to Head of BD
Our client is a tech start-up already working with some of the most innovative retail and hospitality businesses in the UK, helping manage their staff. They are looking for a number of sales specialists to join the team to expand there already growing client list.
With clients such as Brewdog already on the books, they now need help growing the business development side of the business to attract some more amazing clients.
You will have the freedom to go after a wide range of clients and take ownership of your own sales desk. Working with an experienced sales director to shape the strategy you should be able confident highlighting and going after prospective clients and building a potential sales funnel for the business.
This is an exciting time to join the team. They work in collaborative shared work space with creatives all around and a dog friendly environment too! Progression and rewards are encouraged. This is a great opportunity for anyone who wants to grow a career in sales and account management or a new challenge for those more experienced in the sector.
Personality is key as they are a small team. No egos, but a confident and hungry attitude is required. You have a great chance to be with them from the start and reap the rewards of growing the business with 2 founders who are truly positive about what they do.
They will consider Juniors through to Senior Sales Managers. Ideally you will have some business development/sales experience in the past but personality and drive is key if this is an area you want to develop.
You will be responsible for closing new business in the UK market. This will be done via your own efforts and supported by our marketing team and the connections you establish within your wider business network.
You will take a consultative approach, engaging with senior stakeholders within businesses to identify and secure a position as a solution for their scheduling needs. This will involve working with various departments; building a business case; securing a commercial arrangement; and ensuring a successful delivery.
Your target customers are small to large businesses, within the retail, hospitality and leisure industries. In order to build a successful path and sales pipeline you will need to develop a good understanding of the product, the solutions it offers and why this is a “problem solving” product for your client. Full training is available, so you have a better understanding of the tech behind it and its key differentiators.
They have built a dynamic, collaborative culture in which they hire and develop smart, driven people that share their desire to do work they can be proud of. They value learning and feedback, and spur each other on to raise the bar of success. You’ll be responsible for helping the team around you improve and develop.
Day to day, you will:
- Work with Marketing to build a territory plan to scale revenue and logos in your territory.
- Create opportunities from cold through direct contact with prospects and the network you build in the market.
- Sign deals within your segment.
- Manage an effective sales pipeline and deal flow.
- Work with Customer Success to successfully onboard and go live with the opportunities you close.
- Liaise with the Head of BD to update your forecasts and activity
What type of person we’re looking for
You should apply if you have
- Experience closing complex, technical sales or are a hungry "people person" keen to pursue a role in business developmet
- Consistent new business success in a role, winning clients from cold.
- A consultative style and the ability to become a trusted advisor to your clients.
- A structured sales approach and experience with Pipedrive, Salesforce or similar.
- Experience of articulating the business benefits of selling APIs or technical products.
- You have a passion for technology, the startup community, and supporting other businesses as they grow.
- You have the motivation and flexibility to work well in a rapidly changing high-growth environment.
- You have superb verbal and written communication skills.
Vibrant working environment in TMRW Hub, the best tech hub south of the river – very well-connected and surrounded by loads of great shops, bars and restaurants (plus a Boxpark!)
- Latest Macbook and high-res monitor
- Snacks & drinks (fridge is stocked full of brewdog)
- Flexible hours (start early or late, it’s up to you)
- Support and budget to attend events, learn and grow
- Regular working from home
- Company nights out (we love exploring new restaurants and bars)
- Awesome office (dogs allowed)
- Unlimited paid holiday