The Email Marketing Specialist manages dynamic email marketing campaigns targeted to advisors and consumers and provides leadership and email best practice advice to key internal stakeholders and business partners. The Email Specialist is responsible for the continual evolution of Organization's industry leading B2B and B2C email marketing initiatives and white label Sponsor communications.
The Email Marketing Specialist is responsible for managing and executing consumer and advisor focused email marketing initiatives and this position entails the creation of both email campaigns as well as tactical execution of email deployment.
Key Accountabilities: Daily Responsibilities (approximate 80%)
- Lead the execution of internal and external email programs and campaigns using industry best practice techniques.
- Manage expectations of internal stakeholders and ensure timely execution of email marketing initiatives (B to C and B to B)
- Act as the business liaison with the Email Service Provider, understanding their technology offering and enabling business partners to fully leverage the platform.
- Increase email engagement using A/B and MVT methodologies. Tests will range from basic subject line tests to more complex, algorithmic experiments.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in email, mobile and digital advertising trends, identifying opportunities for continual improvement in digital marketing efforts.
- Understanding optimization methodologies and the situational application of such tactics to bolster campaign results is a key measure of success for this role.
- Build relationships with key internal stakeholders to foster a collaborative approach to the execution of initiatives.
- Establish, implement and monitor digital communication methodologies to promote consistency across Canadian Division.
- Working closely with Branding, Communications and Technology teams, monitor compatibility of email communications across platforms and devices, optimizing email structure to match target audience requirements.
- Assist with training and support for email marketing efforts with internal stakeholders from across Canadian division.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Competencies):
• 3 -5 years’ experience as a digital marketing specialist / coordinator
• Post-secondary education in Marketing, communication arts, computer science or at least five years of related work experience in online marketing
• Strong, hands-on experience managing, deploying and measuring email marketing communications
• Well versed in fundamental interactive design disciplines & principals and an understanding of user behavioural psychology / customer segmentation
• Experience presenting and quantitatively substantiating tactical decisions
• Experience with industry leading Enterprise Email Service Provider (ESP) platforms (e.g. ExactTarget, Epsilon, SilverPop, etc.)
• Strong communication skills across disciplines and the ability to effectively articulate digital marketing principles based on industry best practice guidelines, personal experience and research findings
• Ability to define and execute best practices for digital marketing throughout the customer journey
• Working knowledge of HTML/CSS standards and of browser and email environments, including known compatibility issues across platforms / email clients
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task while managing expectations of numerous stakeholders
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel would be an asset
• Ideal candidate would have experience marketing in both B2B and B2C environments and understand the tactical differences between marketing to each type of audience