Video lead / Motion Designer - Up to £50k
Innovative Tech Start-up
West London Zone 2.
Our client is a well-funded startup with an innovative product and brilliant team members, all passionate about what they are trying to achieve at a global level.
They are seeking a Lead Video Editor and Motion Designer with great post-production knowledge to lead their video department, creating awesome video content and manage post-production pipeline.
They have a few projects coming up and they are keen to get someone in ASAP to help shape the creative model going forwards. You’ll work collaboratively in a motivated marketing and design studio with the CMO, Head of Communication and Creative Director.
You’ll need to be proactive, entrepreneurial and enjoy the rapid pace of a tech company that’s trying to change the world.
They create a wide range of projects, from technical animations to advertising campaigns, and are always looking for ways to improve.
The team is a good balance of experienced and talented entrepreneurs, people who have worked at the highest levels in large global organisations, academics, and bright graduates so cultural fit is important and you must be comfortable working alongside people from these backgrounds.
They have a relaxed and focused office in West London, with regular team socials, and a culture that encourages curiosity and imagination in how you achieve your goals in this collaborative and focussed company.
• Editing videos for content and social channels. These videos have various lengths and purposes and are created from footage supplied by a variety of production companies, partner companies, and stock libraries
• Motion design: titles, graphics, screen recordings of apps and sites, comp work
• Colour grading: matching shots from different sources and improving the look of poorly lit images
• Audio: Music and VO editing, audio effects, and audio mixing
• Manage media server and workflow: including uploading and logging footage in various formats, from around the world. Supplying versions of edits for different platforms and purposes. Knowledge of file formats and best practice for Vimeo, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube uploads
• Working with the Chief Marketing Officer, Head of Communication, Creative Director, Content Manager, and Designers to deliver high-quality video assets for what3words channels, PR, product and presentations
• Managing production teams and freelancers
• Ability to create exciting edits and make great music choices
• A designer’s eye for framing images and graphics
• The ability to think on your feet, add ideas and work quickly under pressure
• Good knowledge of best practice for video workflow
• Knowing how to use a DSLR and video camera and 360 camera is a bonus
• Adobe Creative Cloud: Excellent knowledge Premiere Pro, Audition, After Effects, Media Encoder
• Working knowledge of Speed Grade, Photoshop & Illustrator
• At least 4 years editing, motion design, post-production experience, either solo, or as an assistant to an editor, or at a post-production house
• Any secondary languages are a bonus