My client is looking for a Senior Front-End Developer/Designer who has a background doing outreach/grassroots/CTA/Advocacy Background to fill in for a maternity leave from the beginning of June until the beginning of January. They are looking for someone who is familiar with online tools working with databases and has a good handle of WordPress, Plugins, and experience working with embedded forms, good knowledge of graphics Adobe XD, Photoshop, wireframing, GitHub, knowledge of GoogleDocs and Familiarity with Google Analytics reporting.
**This position will be onsite for the first couple of weeks and then will offer remote flexibility**
Education and Experience:
Bachelor Degree required.
5+ years experience with design coding, creating web sites, and graphics for the web demonstrated through a strong portfolio of websites and graphics required; experience building successful consumer or political web sites, pages and applications; rapid theming experience in open source CMS software (Wordpress, Craft); experience with Final Cut/video editing a plus.
Portfolio must include examples of coding, web layout, web graphics, flash ads/promotional elements, and theming of content management systems (such as Wordpress or Craft); strong design and coding skills proven in a fast-paced production environment.
Certification in web design/development preferred.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Proven experience creating and developing high-quality online properties.
• Knowledge of and competency in proficient building of W3C compliant XHTML/CSS websites.
• Knowledge of and competency in all major new media design software, including Photoshop, Illustrator and XD.
• Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques for maximizing web visibility throughout design process.
• Knowledge of interface design for web applications.
• Knowledge of building online audiences and communities.
• Knowledge of and competency in graphic and web design principles, and good understanding of current web technologies.
• Strong design skills including screen layouts, information design, and typography, and must have understanding of user-centered design principles and a great eye for detail.
• Ability to work as part of a large social media team
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
• Ability to continually develop skills related to use of rapidly changing technology and communications best practices.
• Ability to quickly adapt design skills to a wide range of non-standard applications including commercial content management systems and social networking sites.
• Ability to meet deadlines; must deliver prototypes and final mock-ups in a timely manner.