Business Analyst, Marketing Technology
The primary responsibility of this role is to translate marketing goals into actionable plans for technologies, data, campaign execution, and reporting and analysis.
This role requires an individual with a passion and ability to understand data and how it can drive marketing and business strategy.
You must be able to communicate confidently with executives, lead initiatives autonomously, and proactively take ownership of new opportunities.
You will report to the Sr. Manager, Marketing Technology.
Successful analysts will be able to quickly grasp Total Wine’s data structure, understand the business, and bring creative insights to provide meaningful solutions to complex business and technology problems.
The job responsibilities include:
• Customer Data Ownership: Become the subject matter expert for our customer data world – understanding how data from our Point of Sale System, Loyalty program, Email Marketing system, our website/App, and other data sources come together to form a comprehensive 360-degree view of the customer.
Set standards for and measure data quality to ensure that business users have access to high-value and high-quality data where and when they need it.
• Business Requirements Gathering & Synthesis:
Understand business needs and opportunities and translate/document them into requirements to be implemented in technical processes.
This will involve engaging with technical and non-technical users.
• Data Manipulation & Analysis: You will work with Excel, BI/data visualization software, and database languages (SQL) to interrogate, understand, and manipulate our customer data.
• Business / Technical Problem Investigation: Combine creative problem solving with analytical rigor to investigate customer data problems, technology integrations, or other issues that arise.
• Project Fulfillment & Management: Drive project work using a combination of technical and business knowledge.
Representative project work includes developing customer frameworks, writing or adjusting business / technical requirements, investigation of data issues, or project management of ongoing work.
• Presentation: Create PowerPoint decks, reporting dashboards, or business decision models to communicate analyses and strategic recommendations for the organization in systematic way to help make complex decisions.
• Stakeholder Interaction / Partner Management: You will engage with others in the organization by gathering the necessary information and data from them, keeping them informed of the team’s progress, and regularly fielding their questions.
You also will engage with external partners as necessary.
Experience, Skills and Education:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Statistics, Economics, Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
• 2-4 years of applicable experience in consulting / professional services, sales & marketing, technology, or business analytics
• Experience with Relational database concepts, and strong SQL skills
• Knowledge of CRM systems and an understanding of the dynamic environment of customer data, preferably in a retail environment
• Ability to produce clear reports using appropriate software (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Experience with Google Big Query will set you apart
• Tableau development experience is a plus
• Retail or CPG experiences is a plus