The Associate Brand Manager is responsible for overall performance of the brand which includes managing the assigned brands: P&L, marketing activities, promotional development and advertising activities in accordance with the Company’s sales/marketing goals, budgets, objectives, and profitability targets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage the development of the marketing plans, strategies, and targets for assigned brands.
• Manage overall range of promotional activities from consumer to trade promotions.
• Collect and analyze relevant market intelligence and make recommendations to capitalize on marketing opportunities and to minimize competition.
• Provide input to the New Product Development team from concept to evaluation to commercialization. Monitor and coordinate respective activities especially the launch objectives and materials.
• Manage outside agencies, including advertising, promotion, consumer research, package design, and Public Relation agencies on day-to-day tactical issues.
• Evaluate market reactions to advertising, PR, and Promotional programs.
• Manage syndicated data and prepare relevant reports and analyses.
• Interface with field sales force and assist in the development of the sales forecast.
• Analyze and provide consumer, category and brand information to support channel marketing for the sales team.
• Work with sales on analyzing retail pricing and following brand strategies.
• Manage trade material inventories.
• Develop and monitor internal and external communications pertaining to corporate and product/brand initiatives.
• Work with coupon clearinghouse and Accounts Payable to track and reconcile coupon redemptions and deductions.
• Work with outside legal counsel to process and maintain trademarks and registrations.
• Participate in trade shows, conferences, etc.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s in Marketing, Business or a related major is required.
• MBA in Marketing is preferred.
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years of consumer packaged goods experience within the food industry is highly desirable.
• Experience working for a food company or consumer packaged goods is required.
• Expertise in branded products, agency management and product development is essential.
• 1 to 2 years of prior sales experience is a plus.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite is essential.
• Must be able to prioritize and complete multiple projects on schedule and on budget.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required.
• Creative thinking, flexibility, persuasiveness and good marketing instincts are important characteristics.