Innovative design organization seeks Senior UX Designer to lead digital design team in La Jolla, CA, in the creation of all digital product user experience and user interface designs to devise world-class digital experiences that are intuitive, beautiful, user-friendly and meaningful.
The Senior UX Designer will work on digital products include mobile responsive websites, microsites, apps for iOS, Android and web, widgets, CMS interfaces, digital platforms and services, interactive kiosks, digital ad units, email newsletters, PDFs for digital download, social media channel pages, social media post content and interfaces for emerging digital technologies. In this client-facing and highly collaborative role, the Senior UX Designer works in partnership and collaboration with the design on-site team team.
- Be a strong advocate and communicator across-company to advocate for design quality and user-centered design excellence.
- Present user experience and user interface design solutions to clients.
- Translate analytics learnings from A/B Testing into actionable design optimizations.
- Work with Director to create UX design deliverables including user journey maps, sitemaps, user workflows, and benchmarking / best practice documents.
- Work with Creative Director to design experiences that reflect a project / client’s brand identity and creative vision.
- Engage in creative ideation for cross-platform solutions with interdepartmental team members.
- Work with copy writers on content development for a project’s overall user experience.
- Oversee the preparation of development-ready design files for client / partner delivery on schedule and in a clear, actionable package; draft UI specifications documentation as needed.
- Lead design team QA testing of implementation of digital products from a User Experience and UI Design implementation point of view.
- Work with digital producers on UX/UI design team priorities, assignments and timing and overall project vision.
- Bachelor's Degree in graphic/digital design, user experience design, HCI, or similar field
- 7+ years of professional digital design experience with a specific focus on UX and UI design at an agency, digital media company or startup
- Analytical thinker with a keen eye for design
- Passion for making it easier for people to understand complex ideas
- Prior experience in a marketing or advertising agency STRONGLY preferred
- Digital strategy and team leadership experience a plus
- Strong understanding of key UX principals
- Expert proficiency within Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, XD) as well as other relevant tools including Sketch, InVision, Balsamiq, Omnigraffle, Azure, Webflow, Principle, Framer, etc.
- Comfortable with both hands-on design and concepting/ideation
- Strong portfolio of proven, innovative, modern UX and UI design work required.
- Medical experience strongly preferred.