An agency has been appointed to run a Website Analytics Audit for one of their professional services clients.
The primary aim of the project is to understand current website behaviour and performance in more depth to fuel the strategy for their forthcoming website migration / transition from Google to Adobe Analytics.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Web Analyst to lead the analytics portion of this project, working alongside the Data Strategy Director. The ideal candidate should be a self-starter, readily able to translate business requirements into clear analytical outputs and insights that direct business decisions.
The project will span an 9-day period, covering the following areas:
1. Website Journey Analysis – understand the trends, quality of traffic, page analysis and journeys taken on site
2. Audience Analysis - identify any clusters of visitor type, what behaviours categories them together e.g. interest different types of content, subject matters, formats
3. Google Analytics Audit – audit current environment to understand current tracking and tagging practices, establish recommendations and guidance for migration to Adobe Analytics
4. Documentation & Presentation – assist in pulling together insights and findings into a final presentation to clients
Role-specific skills, knowledge and experience
Knowledge & Skills Required:
1. A minimum of 4 to 6 years’ experience within digital analytics roles
2. Expert web analytics experience; specifically, Google Analytics, WebTrends as well as Adobe Analytics
3. Understanding of analytics platform management and architecture (i.e. setup and admin of tools)
4. Previous experience with website migrations, transitioning from Google to Adobe Analytics
5. Exposure to all types of campaign metrics; including digital content, digital journeys, search
6. Deep understanding of Web Analytics tagging protocols and naming conventions (Google Tag Manager / DTM)
7. Knowledge of segmentation and an ability to build using web analytics data
8. Advanced Excel (Pivot tables, macros, etc…) skills
9. To present and explain the results of analysis to non-technical clients and colleagues
10. A strategic thinker, with experience in how analytics can inform content and digital marketing