Do you have fantastic fashion/retail experience and are looking for a copywriting role for 3 days a week for a fantastic agency?
This lively team is looking for a creative and conceptual copywriter, who has a real passion for fashion.
I am looking for a senior copywriter who has creative experience within the fashion and lifestyle sector to oversee and of home and the tone of voice of one of our main fashion retail accounts. You will be responsible for guiding more junior members of the coverage team and will need to work closely with the design and creative team to produce brilliant creative, work reporting into the head of creative.
Briefs vary from long-form to short copy including but not limited to TTL seasonal creative brand, radio scripts, trend-led advertorials, functional leaflets/POS formats, bespoke brand-story-telling for large OOH formats, short form copy for digital and social formats and TOV guides for external transcreators.
Key responsibilities include:
- Overseeing all copy and upholding to voice, guiding two other members of the copywriting team.
- Signing off copy, when needed at artwork stage, reviewing copy from adaption agencies, reviewing Mid/Junior Copywriter's copy for radio and bigger projects like bespoke creative briefs, advertorial templates event names and checking freelance copywriter‘s work.
- Developing creative copy alongside designers creative and creative concepts for campaigns. Taking part in brainstorms and sometimes leading them, image sourcing when needed to bring an idea to life concept ideation for social and digital content, TV, brand activation, radio, etc. Writing rationales/manifestoes to explain the core idea and helping designers to annotate presentations when needed.
- Developing/overseeing copy for a variety of media including press ads, advertorials, TV scripts, digital content, POS and radio scripts.
- Mentoring Mid-Weight and Junior Copywriters, giving constructive feedback and direction where needed.
- Presenting work internally and to the client, with confidence and insight-driven knowledge. Depending on the brief, this will sometimes be smaller bespoke copy briefs or larger campaign-led creative concepts.
- Attending radio recordings and directing the voice talent, amending scripts if needed for time purposes.
- Keeping up-to-date with fashion, retail, marketing, and cultural trends and sharing this with the wider creative team.
- Writing for translation i.e, come up with headlines that don't rely on wordplay, understand when complicated copy ideas might not translate well internationally.
- Approve back translations, checking that they work well with the tone of voice.
Roles do not come up that often, so this is a rare gem. Please contact me if you would like to apply :-)