Full-time, Temp to Perm (3-6 months)
Onsite, North Austin (near Domain)
Our client is looking for a Senior Designer to join their team. This position works with the creative team, account management team and other studio production designers. It is responsible for the production of print and digital deliverables using pre-press production skills. Knowledge of graphic production applications, problem-solving skills, multi-tasking and working with tight deadlines is a must for this role
The core responsibilities for this role are building and editing mechanical files, pre-press file preparation, type setting, proofing and overall quality assurance. You will lead and "own" larger projects and mentor junior teammates. Responsibilities also include developing relationships and communicating with internal and external teams about project details and status updates. You'll work within the processes to complete your projects on time and on budget.
Who You Are and What You'll Bring
Experience (Must Haves):
- Experience with installations, exhibits, retail environments, pop-ups, or brand activations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communication or related course of study.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Graphic Designer.
- Advanced in Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop software.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
You are a creative visionary who can deliver world class thinking and execution - from concept through to delivery. You own your work from start to finish and are deeply vested in its quality. You...
- **Must have: A stellar portfolio that demonstrates experience with installations, exhibits, retail environments, pop-ups, or brand activations.
- Passionately follow the latest trends (interactive technology, architecture, art, design, etc.) and maybe have a few of your own
- Think conceptually and realistically; owning a project from start to finish
- Have excellent communication and design skills
- Can speak to current graphic techniques and conventions in your sleep
- Can think on the fly and quickly develop simple solutions to complex graphic communication problems
- Enjoy immersing yourself in the clients’ brand, culture, products, and marketing objectives (must be experienced in adhering to strict brand guidelines)
- Are confident, with a healthy dose of humility; you’ll bring loads to the table but are willing to learn and evolve
Knowledge and Experience – You have a College Degree in Graphic Design (or similar) and at least 5 years of relevant experience in creative services. Advertising/marketing agency a plus. You are well-versed in print and pre-press production, including layout design, retouching, proofing, and file management. You are proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, and In Design. You have a portfolio that demonstrates your skills and expertise.
Time Management –You possess excellent time management skills and use your sense of urgency to complete projects on time. You’re able to prioritize and juggle multiple projects at once and you’re comfortable working under aggressive deadlines. You understand that you may be required to work on weekends and holidays to complete projects on time.
Excellent Communication – You know how to communicate with professionalism and tact, and you aren’t afraid to have difficult conversations.
Detail Oriented – You’re highly organized, love to check things off your To-Do List, and take pride in your work. You have a knack at staying on top of things.
Calm Under Pressure – You’re able to change directions quickly without significant impact to performance and you thrive under pressure. You are familiar with working in a fast-paced, hectic environment.