An education client in NYC is looking for a Content Strategist for a 6 month freelance role
- This person will be working largely on web work, some print too.
- They will be performing all manner of editorial work—writing, editing, content entry—largely in support of two big web redesigns, and application redesign, and some omni-channel marketing/outreach.
- The AP Content Strategist is responsible for ensuring that digital content is user-centered and engaging, meets high quality standards, and furthers their mission. Reporting to the Senior Director, Content, the AP Content Strategist is a direct contributor to the development of websites and other digital projects, working closely with a multidisciplinary team to conceptualize, develop, execute, and maintain digital content.
Responsibilities include leading content efforts throughout the lifecycle of complex digital projects; helping to define and realize the vision and direction of the project, collaborating closely with project sponsors and others; adapting our global content model to AP’s content and adjusting as necessary; delivering project briefs, content audits, and other content strategy tools; as well as drafting content, developmental editing, and content entry. S/he will work closely with product managers, sponsors, content producers, editors, user experience design (UXD), information architecture (IA), and information technology (IT) to conceptualize, develop, execute, and maintain content that is accurate and consistent in presentation and optimally stored within a content management system.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works closely with project sponsors to understand their needs and the needs of their users and to ensure both are met in digital products
- Guides the iterative copy development process through all stages, including sponsor reviews and editorial passes in response to feedback.
- Provides feedback on project plans, wireframes, requirements documents, and related artifacts in anticipation of content needs.
- Follows editorial, accessibility, and other policies and guidelines related to digital content.
- Works with other content strategists as needed to ensure taxonomies, metadata structures, and content development workflows meet editorial needs.
- Collaborates with UXD, IA, and IT to determine, define, and document content types and content models that support publishing to web, mobile, and tablet applications.
- Identifies opportunities where CMS enhancements can increase efficiency and effectiveness in content development and maintenance workflows and document those requirements for IT.
- Contributes to the creation of a taxonomy for their vast and complex digital content.
- Responsible for content entry, copyediting, and proofreading as needed.
Duration: 6 months