Our client is a consulting firm that supports a large technology company on the east side.
The client's Packaging and Content team is responsible for managing the content creation, artwork development; localisation of dynamic and high impact physical; digital media for our client's portfolio of high profile International products. Packaging and Content enables brand adherence, design execution, localisation, and delivery to the Physical; Digital Supply Chains for manufacturing and publishing – on time, on quality, and on budget.
Packaging and Content is looking for a Program Manager with a track record of success spanning multiple release cycles, and with projects containing critical globalization and localisation dependencies. The ideal candidate excels in strategically planning asset creation and delivery across multiple languages, locales and channels, and feels comfortable operating within a fast moving and complex environment
with strong status reporting and communication to all levels of internal partner teams.
The position requires the ability to develop, deploy and train the team on key programs in an environment where the emphasis is on innovation, collaboration and execution excellence. There will be opportunities to bring your subject matter expertise to bear through innovative individual and cross- team projects which will deliver cost effective solutions, process improvements and provide opportunity to employ cutting edge technologies.
Program Management Responsibilities
- Program Management of programs across all mediums (e.g. print & digital) from the EN development through to global regions.
- Ensure key globalization/international and production system requirements are built into launch plan of record with clear execution path, dependencies, and change management, while maintaining complete confidentiality
- Influence design and development towards world class customer experience and efficiency of our preproduction & localisation processes
- Support regional Internationalization Managers, production team & partners throughout the development and localisation cycle with effective change management
- Communicate project status effectively to cross-group teams and internal Partners
- Continuously improve international team processes and engagement model, work closely with the production team to make our work more efficient
- Drive cost reduction programs independently or in partnership with other stakeholder teams
- Build strong relationships with key upstream and downstream stakeholder teams
- Seek out, recognize and act on new opportunities to drive innovation across the business
- Perform additional activities as required
- Adaptability - Demonstrates curiosity and actively explores options. Responds efficiently to changing demands and circumstances. Functions effectively in ambiguous situations. Maintains a constructive attitude and effectiveness through demanding and dynamic situations
- Collaboration - Drives alignment and teamwork within a team, department, or across organizational boundaries. Combines resources and joins efforts to achieve company-wide goals
- Customer Focus - Anticipates customer needs, and proactively meets and exceeds customer expectations. Recognizes the issues that customers want to resolve, and creates, or facilitates the creation of, products and services to address customer needs
- Drive for Results - Tenaciously pursues positive outcomes by using effective approaches to solve problems. Delivers on commitments and seeks increasingly challenging work. Takes responsibility and holds others accountable for actions, decisions, and goals
- Influencing for Impact - Communicates and networks effectively. Successfully persuades and influences others
- Experience in one or more areas: Artwork & Print development and localisation through to manufacturing, Content Creation for print & digital media, XML experience, localisation, digital asset management.
- Focus on development of English and master files meeting technical requirements and drive content management best practices for: multi-use environments (print and digital), localisation and worldwide deployment/manufacturing
- Create specifications to document processes, develop training materials, set standards, and measure performance in a global creative and distributed Supply Chain model
- Triage and root cause analysis - Troubleshoot artwork, online publishing, pre-press and printing issues. Liaison with regional PMs and supply chain on all issues, questions and discrepancies
Possession of one or more of the following skills is highly advantageous;
- Industry recognized certification (e.g. PMI, Six Sigma) in process improvement
- Working knowledge of artwork industry creation tools and applications (PC & MAC platforms)
- Working knowledge of software globalization/localisation tools, processes and methodologies
- Vendor Management experience (in one of the following fields: localisation, language quality assurance, IT development, bespoke process creation and problem solving)
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of Microsoft applications (Windows, Office Suite)
- Demonstrated knowledge of Business Intelligence reporting and data management