ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Develop responsive and mobile-friendly user interfaces and layouts based on detailed design comps and wireframes.
• Site building and theming that follow industry best practices. Create custom template files and pre-process theme functions.
• Be a major contributor on a growing web team developing new sites and redesigning and enhancing of our network of existing sites, focusing on best practices in user experience & design, and technical excellence & performance.
• Works independently and with other developers, designers, project managers, project staff, and customers to solve problems and fix bugs.
• Provides mentorship and support to other members of the team.
• Tests cross-browser, cross-platform, and/or cross-device compatibility for inconsistencies.
• Tests for compliance to specified standards such as 508 accessibility standards.
• Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables.
• Ability to multitask and work on multiple initiatives.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Language: English fluency (oral and written)
Experience: A minimum of 5 years hands-on Front-end Developer experience. 5+ years of experience with site building and theming. A minimum of 5 years of experience remediating 508 and accessibility issues.
Skills: Proven ability as a front-end Web developer, including online portfolio of work or Web sites for review. Comfortable with design tool software such as Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator, and Sketch. Able to write clean and semantic HTML5 and CSS3. Comfortable writing pre-process CSS such as Sass. Comfortable with Git, command and Atlassian Jira. A disciplined approach to development, documentation and file structure. Superior attention to detail and an eye for design. Must be self-motivated, a good communicator, comfortable following direction, and able to balance development with meeting short deadlines.
Location: North Bethesda, MD
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Skills: Able to create custom template files for D7 and Twig files for D8. Proficient with Git and version control.
Knowledge: Familiarity with User Experience methods and practices.