ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Develop responsive and mobile-friendly user interfaces and layouts based on detailed design comps and wireframes.
• Site building and theming that follow industry best practices.
• Works independently and with other developers, designers, project managers, project staff, and customers to solve problems and fix bugs.
• Tests cross-browser, cross-platform, and/or cross-device compatibility for inconsistencies.
• Tests for compliance to specified standards such as 508 accessibility standards.
• Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables.
• Ability to multitask and work on multiple initiatives.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Language: English fluency (oral and written)
Experience: A minimum of 2 years of experience working as a Front-end Developer, Web Developer or Web Production Artist with either an in-house creative or agency environment or technology department. A minimum of 2 years of experience with site building and theming.
Skills: Proven ability as a front-end Web developer, including online portfolio of work or Web sites for review. Able to use design tool software such as Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator, and Sketch. Able to write clean and semantic HTML5 and CSS3. Proficient with Git and version control. A disciplined approach to development, documentation and file structure. Attention to detail and an eye for design. Must be self-motivated, a good communicator, comfortable following direction, and able to balance development with meeting short deadlines.
Location: North Bethesda, MD
Clearance: Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Public Trust clearance
At this time, we cannot sponsor nor transfer a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred
Experience: Comfortable writing pre- and post-process CSS such as Sass and post-CSS. Experience with agile and Scrum methodologies. 2 year of experience with Drupal 7/8 site building and theming. 1 year of experience remediating 508 and accessibility issues.
Skills: Drupal 7/8 site building and theming that follow Drupal best practices.
Knowledge: Familiarity with User Experience methods and practices. Familiarity with Agile Scrum methodology and related tools is a plus.