AQUENT is seeking a UX Designer / Researcher to become an integral part of our top client's design team! You’re a UX Designer who is proactive and passionate about crafting a great experience, and communicating in plain language — making the complex simple. You have conducted user researcher and have utilized qualitative and quantitative research methods to gather information and feedback. You have expereince selecting and mapping out content across different user experiences - digital, physical and touch screens. You love designing solutions that solve customer problems, with humanity. You’re a strong collaborator who can work across Design, Product, Engineering and Marketing. You’re a natural storyteller, a systems thinker, and a designer of content whom people want to work with.
This is a contract to hire opportunity in Tyson's Corner, onsite 40 hours a week, Monday-Friday. For quick apply, send your resume and / or portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
What are we looking to see in a portfolio: Story-telling ability. Takes into consideration human needs, business needs & mapping the overall experience. Must show both your process + your technical design skill (wireframes, IA diagrams, prototypes, etc.)
Tools: Mix of Sketch, Illustrator, zeplin, invision for prototyping, standard creative adobe suite, some use of after effects
- Research and get to user needs, translate into principles, looking at different systems
- Comfortable with conversation design
- What are the things that people want to see / hear about on these touch screens
- What items / content are top of mind, natural progression of design
- Communicating and collaborating with the visual designer, animator & the motion designer
- Also collaborating with Product Managers, stakeholders, brand ambassadors in the cafes, developers, etc.
- They are currently looking at all content in interactive screens. They are doing a content audit and asking these questions: How should content be logically organization & grouped? How will the world navigate each content piece - games, courses, talking about a product, product demos within mobile apps?
- 3-7 years of experience with user experience (UX) design & UX Research
- Story-telling capabilities to clearly communicate both your process and approach to design
- UX Research experience: card-sorting, qualitative and quantitative research methods
- At least 3 years of experience designing digital products
- At least 2 years of experience working with Agile product development teams or at least 2 years of experience working with Lean product development teams
- Experience in FinTech, Consumer banking, or a consumer-driven organization
- Preferred: 2+ years designing in iOS, game studies or game design, Master's degree in Computer Science or Human-Computer Interaction
This role will also do content selection & organization, which will involve: quick hits, creating prototypes and getting feedback from user testing. Try / test something over night. This is mostly around user expereinces in physical spaces where customers come in, sit down, get a cup of coffee and potentially interact with ipads or other touch screens.